Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel wifi connectivity issues with S23/S24

(Topic created on: 18-02-2024 02:02 PM)
Delbert963
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I am unable to connect to hotel WiFi with my S23 but can do with my work iPhone. The S23 works fine at home and at shops but not in Premier Inn or other hotel groups.

Have seen similar issues for S24 but nothing on Internet suggests a solution, other than ditch Samsung for Apple.... 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
I think the IPhone just has a stronger antenna. I suppose alot of customers are connected to the hotel's WiFi and the signal is not very strong.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

We stayed in a Premier Inn ~ Premier Room last year and unfortunately my Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra had issues connecting.

My partners Samsung Galaxy s²¹ fe was a little bit better. 

I think it had something to do with the Hotels Wi-Fi.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options

I always connect to the Premier Inn WiFi easily, but their internet coverage is cr*p in general! I would recommend restarting the phone and then trying to connect, obviously going through the signing in process. And yes, ignore those daft, "ditch the Samsung for an iPhone" posts, iPhones also have the same issues with Premier Inn WiFi connections :winking-face:

0 Likes
Markwentwalking
First Poster
Options
I am staying in a Premier Inn hotel, S24 ultra, connection failed each and every time. I have a A32 connects everything. I've read a few topics with similar issues, some reporting the same at Mc Donald's which I can't confirm.

Wifi tap to connect.
Instant connection failed !
0 Likes
Delbert963
Apprentice
Options

Hi, it was not signal strength. The S23 failed to connect to the hotel router - something has changed with latest series as S22 worked fine. Thank you for suggesting the possible issue though.

Delbert963
Apprentice
Options

S22 connected to the Premier Inn wifi, iPhone 14 and HP laptop all connect to the WiFi without issue. S23 failed, even after restarting and trying loads of clear cache and other tips. It appears there is a verification issue with later S23/S24 models and some hotel WiFi. 

0 Likes
Delbert963
Apprentice
Options

Hi, are you using a S23 or S24 and are not getting connection failed messages? I had no issues with S22 apart from slow connection speeds due to the throttled hotel bandwidth. The S23 would not connect at 2 different Premier Inns now.

0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
Hi mate, I have the S23 Ultra. I've used it at 2 separate Premier Inns without any connection issues. As you know, Premier Inn intentionally make it difficult for any of their customers to get a decent signal in their rooms, let alone good quality 4G/5G, so we have to rely on their crappy WiFi.
0 Likes
RStevenson
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with a TAB S9,  only happened after the last software upgrade.  😞

0 Likes