Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi ! Unable to add Barclays card to Curve, Samsung Wallet etc.?

(Topic created on: 21-02-2023 01:14 AM)
cezar0408
Pioneer
Options
I tried to add my barclays carcard to curve, Samsung wallet...nothing. is so complicated, goddddd. 
So easy with iPhone, so easy 
17 REPLIES 17
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It's possible Barclays Bank does not support Samsung Pay / Samsung Wallet unfortunately.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/mobile-apps-services/samsung-pay/ 

Perhaps Google Pay / Google Wallet would be a suitable interim option @cezar0408 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

cezar0408
Pioneer
Options
I tried with Google wallet, doesn't work,😤😤😤😤
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Barclays only support adding there cards to Apple pay, they do have there own payment app for android. They apparently block adding there cards to Curve (which may have been updated as it was an old post I read)

I personally don't use Barclays as there are far better banks out there that natively support all payment apps.
Keithy
Pathfinder
Options
It's rubbish just use the card I'm with barclays go into banking app and select contact less and use as default no need for third party ***** then just wake phone and tap easy
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
I complained to Barclays about this as I can't add my card to Google Pay yet their website says they support it

Previously they never and Barclays say they are only just rolling it out and maybe some time before you can use it.

To use GP I had to open an account with another bank just for it and it worked from day one.
walkerx
Helping Hand
Options
Yes but if you have more than one card, Google Pay is the better alternative.
0 Likes
Sybexx
Navigator
Options

I use my Barclays debit Bank Card and my Barclaycard linked to Curve with no problem on my S23+, this is so that I can pay for whatever using Samsung Pay

0 Likes
lisafox16
Voyager
Options

I've got my Barclaycard added to Curve with no issues either. 

Galaxy s21 series
Journeyman
Options

Barclays app is easy to use for contactless payments

However, the Samsung wallet is more user friendly and also convenient. But it does not support my Barclays debit card.

On Samsung wallet you don't have to enter a pin as long as you've entered your phone pin. Whereas on Barclays app you have to enter a pin to make a contactless payment.

Samsung wallet is more convenient as all my store loyalty cards are saved in the app too make so using it for payments as well does make sense.

Initially, I tried registering my Barclays debit card via Samsung wallet and it did not work.

Via the Samsung wallet I then opened a Curve Account and linked my Barclay card via that and it worked. You should find Curve link within Samsung Wallet.

I successfully used my Barclay card via Samsung Wallet a couple of times ONLY due to Curve. I have Barclays App notifications setup for each time it is used. The notification was that I had spent money with Curve not the name of store which is frustrating cos you lose traceability of where you've spent your money via Barclays. However you can see store names in the Curve App.

After a couple of times of successful use, my Barclay card stopped working on all of sudden my payments were being declined at the counter. It would appear Barclays blocked the use of the card via Samsung wallet / Curve.

Barclays is Visa
But when you create an account via Curve they give you a Mastercard
It's weird cos you spend with Mastercard bit have a Visa card linked. I can see why Barclays blocked for this reason.

This is really frustrating.

As mentioned, the Samsung Wallet is more user friendly and convenient than the Barclays app.

So annoying Barclays block the use of Samsung wallet. I do not understand why Barclays say on their website their cards support Samsung wallet.... this is either outdated info, a mistake or lie.

I wish Barclays would sort this out so Samsing wallet can be used.

0 Likes