Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

February 2024 update was a disaster for my S23 Ultra User Experience

(Topic created on: 08-03-2024 01:57 PM)
Goldn Eagle
Explorer
Options

Since Last Update (February 2024) the One UI/OS has gone haywire. Followings issue popped up after this update:

1. The device hardly lasts for a day for normal use (which was just little less than two days before this update)
  2. Camera drains too much battery and device gets hot.
  3. Camera settings closes automatically the moment it is opened.
  4. More often than not camera takes blurry (out of focus) and grainy shots.
  5. Screen judders while even scrolling phone setting/web despite setting the display at “Adaptive.”
  6. Home Screen automatically returns to default screen (always) even if entered to another apps/App Drawer from a different home page.
  7. Facebook and Reels return to the first post/Reel every time after visiting any post/comment/page/Reel.
  8. Often makes false indication of call in Whatsapp:
    1. Directly shows status "Ringing" without "Calling"; but in reality, it does not).
    2. Misses incoming calls sporadically while wifi/data has no issue.
    3. Other end sometimes does not listen for initial 2-3 seconds.
  9. Often Call over carrier fails to connect.
  10. Web pages fail to retain settings if updated and takes time to get settled to refresh.
  11. Unable to upload picture in ecommerce site like AliExpress.
  12. Unable to install unknown apps through phone companion apps.
  13. Unable to connect to new devices with wireless/blue-tooth like Wireless Android Auto Devices (Carlinkit 5.0).

All concerned apps have gone through cache and data clearing and the phones cache has been wiped for more than once – still no improvement. Searched the web and found no help on these issues.

In general, it was a horrible update. SAMSUNG, please fix.

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Goldn Eagle
Explorer
Options

The situation deteriorated so much that the phone was almost unable to be used without getting nuts. Since the last post even making call, e-commerce, getting March Security update was also getting difficult. So, I had no option other than to make factory reset on 14 March. So far running OK, will monitor. For sure the last update has some bugs which corrupted the OS may be due operation of some installed apps in my phone. Well I have Bitdefender Total Security installed, so malicious software/virus causing the damage is unlikely. Well only time will tell whether this reset would last till fixes are issued by samsung (if at all). 

View solution in context

0 Likes
Solution
Goldn Eagle
Explorer
Options

Today Installed long awaited One UI 6.1. So far, going good. Battery life has been phenomenal. Heating issues gone. Camera fixed. Apps glitches gone...... At least for now ..;)

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
I have only battery issue
0 Likes
the_bart123
Navigator
Options
You have messed up software and hardware - my S23U on Feb 2024 update last me 4 - YES 4 days light use!
And zero problems like your camera etc.
Factory Reset do NOT instal your dodgy apps - run Diagnostic and then you will KNOW
0 Likes
Goldn Eagle
Explorer
Options

Thanks for replying the_bart123. I'm more or less certain that all these started after the last update. I preferably avoid dodgy apps and maintain full coverage from Bitdefender. So, more or less free of virus, spam, phishing softs and others. Would prefer to wait for One UI 6.1 than going through the pain of factory reset which I'm not sure would solve the issues....

0 Likes
Solution
Goldn Eagle
Explorer
Options

The situation deteriorated so much that the phone was almost unable to be used without getting nuts. Since the last post even making call, e-commerce, getting March Security update was also getting difficult. So, I had no option other than to make factory reset on 14 March. So far running OK, will monitor. For sure the last update has some bugs which corrupted the OS may be due operation of some installed apps in my phone. Well I have Bitdefender Total Security installed, so malicious software/virus causing the damage is unlikely. Well only time will tell whether this reset would last till fixes are issued by samsung (if at all). 

0 Likes
Solution
Goldn Eagle
Explorer
Options

Today Installed long awaited One UI 6.1. So far, going good. Battery life has been phenomenal. Heating issues gone. Camera fixed. Apps glitches gone...... At least for now ..;)

0 Likes