Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expert Raw app

(Topic created on: 29-02-2024 03:57 PM)
kashiwajames
Journeyman
Options

Hi

Just bought S23 Ultra (Feb '24). Expert Raw app from Galaxy Store appears to be older version as there is no ND filter. This is unusual as this feature came out late last year. I am in the UK. 

Have uninstalled and reinstalled. Same problem, still no ND filter.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
XAA is a USA phone. So must be imported.
I see its still on Android 13 as well
This explains why you are not getting the latest software for the app
Unfortunately because the phone is outside of the region it's meant to be in. It's not going to get the latest software.
There is a way of possibly updating by connecting to a computer and using smartswitch on the computer. But this is not always guaranteed
If you've not had the phone for long, maybe worth contacting the retailer you got it from.
XAA is an unlocked designation, but it's not the same as the unlocked designation we have in the UK which is EUX

View solution in context

14 REPLIES 14
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Is your phone a UK phone?
Sometimes phones from another region don't have certain features.
Did you buy the phone new?
If you did, was it through a network provider?
Is your phone software upto date?
As I said in the message you sent to me. It should be in the expert RAW settings, in the labs section.
Can't think why you won't have the latest app software.
kashiwajames
Journeyman
Options

Hi Glenntech

Thank you again for replying. It is a UK phone. It is a factory refurbished 'unlocked' phone - meaning I can use a SIM card from any provider. (The SIM is from the UK's largest mobile network.) 

Unfortunately, as I tried to explain in an earlier post/message, I am not seeing the 'Expert raw labs' in the settings. Instead I have a 'Special photo options Labs' toggle switch, please see below:

Screenshot_20240229_001419_Expert RAW.jpg

The above image appears to match earlier versions of the app, and not the updated one you and others have described in posts here and on social media.

Alas, I can only assume for some reasons the UK galaxy store / S23 Ultra haven't updated in the way that other regions have.

Very disappointing (I really enjoy photography) but not to worry.

Thanks again for your time, buddy.

James

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
I can assure you that Expert Raw is available for the S23 ultra in the UK. I'm using it. Version is latest at 3.0.02.8

I do seem to remember though that i couldn't find the app when directly searching the store for it. I can't remember for the life of me where I found it, sorry.1709231127953.jpg
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'm curious
If you go into the phone settings
Tap on about phone
Software information
You should see service provider software version
Can you screen shot that and crop out everything to just show what I have attached
Mine is slightly different because it's an S24 Ultra
But it's that last series of letters that tells us some information of the exact model
Really curious why you don't have the latest version of the Expert RAW app1709232209453.jpg
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What version of the app are you using, I am on 3.0.03.2.1709236189866_1709236189853_0.jpg
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
kashiwajames
Journeyman
Options

Hi gixerob - thank you for your input. To be clear, I can download the app, however, my issue appears to be the slightly older software and, correspondingly, an older version of Expert Raw (resulting in no ND filter, for example)

I am aware of subsequent, updated versions of the app but I cannot access them.

Thanks,

James

kashiwajames
Journeyman
Options

My software version is this:

Screenshot_20240301_235119_Settings.jpg

 i hope this helps.

Thanks for your assistance 

James 

0 Likes
kashiwajames
Journeyman
Options

Hi Obsidian

The version of the Expert RAW app I can download (from the app store)  is this:

Screenshot_20240301_235424_Expert RAW.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
XAA is a USA phone. So must be imported.
I see its still on Android 13 as well
This explains why you are not getting the latest software for the app
Unfortunately because the phone is outside of the region it's meant to be in. It's not going to get the latest software.
There is a way of possibly updating by connecting to a computer and using smartswitch on the computer. But this is not always guaranteed
If you've not had the phone for long, maybe worth contacting the retailer you got it from.
XAA is an unlocked designation, but it's not the same as the unlocked designation we have in the UK which is EUX