Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does protect battery option occasionally charge to 100% ?

(Topic created on: 13-12-2023 07:59 AM)
macieopi
First Poster
Options

As far as I know, similar mechanisms work by limiting charging the battery to around 80-85% and then allowing it to charge 100% from time to time - to "preserve battery memory". 

For example https://support.apple.com/en-hk/108055

"With 80% Limit enabled, your iPhone will occasionally charge to 100 percent to maintain accurate battery state-of-charge estimates."

So my question is, should I charge to manually 100% from time to time? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Apple has always suffered with battery degradation over a short period of time, so they I guess have developed a system that works for them to help.
Samsung has obviously developed the software for their devices that helps with the battery life.
Optimal charging range I think is somewhere between 15% to 80%. Can't remember exactly
I guess it doesn't hurt to maybe once a week top up to 100%

For me personally I didn't get on with battery saving. So I decided to just keep everything at full performance. Pay a lot of money to get the specs I want. So reducing the performance, I may as well get a cheaper phone.
I don't notice really any significant battery degrading.

One thing I do is use normal slow charging. Unless occasionally I'm in a rush.
A slower charging speed doesn't produce as much heat, and heating the battery degrades it.
I just slow charge with a Samsung charger as once full, it stops the charging.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your phone shouldn't override the protect battery setting @macieopi 

Should you charge to 100% occasionally ~ Well that's up to you. I personally charge to 100% all the time and haven't had any issues. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

macieopi
First Poster
Options

Considering the fact that S23 doesn't have the best battery in the world I want to keep it as healthy as possible. Thanks for your answer :smiling-face:

0 Likes