Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing camera

(Topic created on: 26-02-2023 11:19 AM)
DE4DnGONE
Explorer
Options
So I've gone from an s21 ultra to a fold 4 to a s23 ultra. 

The camera on the s23 ultra 200mp and 50mp and auto 4:3 are all worse by a substantial amount compared to the s21 ultra. So much so I have had to grab my wife's iPhone 14 pro max to compare. I hate iphone with a passion. Pictures were always so much better . But now her iphone is a lot better than the s23 ultra camera. 

Is this a software/processing issue that will be fixed in an update. Its do much of a downgrade I'm close to switching to apple, don't make me switch tell me a fix is coming. 

Apart from the disappointment of the camera's the phone is amazing fast fluid handles anything you throw at it, dex works seamlessly. Outstanding work samsung. 

Just fix the camera. 

47 REPLIES 47
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
What is the problem with the cameras on your phone?
For me my S23 Ultra cameras are noticeably better than my iPhone 14 Pro Max. Especially in low light.

Have you tried without having a case on the phone. If you use one.
Ive found some cases can affect results. Like using the flash, it can reflect off the case in certain designs.
If you are using camera lens protectors. Personally I'd get rid of those
0 Likes
DE4DnGONE
Explorer
Options
No case on it. I've taken 4 identical photos outside inside low light and night. A 200mb 50mb auto 4:3 and 1 with pro max 14.
All the s23 ultra images seem noisy and the detail.on the edges are not as sharp , zooming in on an image shows a lot of noise.
Generally speaking every image seem to be akin to what I'd expect from my s7 edge.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Wonder if it would be worth in the camera App settings. Clearing the data and Cashe.
You should be getting decent results from the camera.
Otherwise there may be an issue with the camera setup on your phone
0 Likes
DE4DnGONE
Explorer
Options
Its a day old. All updated. Apart from scene optimiser everything is as it should be out the box.
0 Likes
DE4DnGONE
Explorer
Options
I'm assuming and update for the camera must be coming.
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Depending on how you setup the phone.
Seems those using Smartswitch to wirelessly transfer Date from the old phone seem to be experiencing issues of various things.
If you have, try clearing the Partition Cashe on the phone.

Honestly, you should be getting nice results from the cameras.
Hopefully you can get the issue sorted to enjoy the cameras as they should be.
DE4DnGONE
Explorer
Options
Didn't use smart switch. I set all my phones up fresh. 1st Samsung that's had an issue.
Just the camera is very sub par.
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
It's unlikely a universal issue and all the faults you describe do not represent what everyone that's reviewed the device have seen. If you could provide sample images of what it is you dislike about the photo's with comparisons, this would help anyone understand you better.
0 Likes
DE4DnGONE
Explorer
Options
I'll take another series of images later to share the awful quality drop the 23 ultra has made . So disappointing to see the iphone outperform samsung. Although saying that their are a lot of reviews and tests highlighting the front facing cameras quality drop already. So I'll hold out hope their is a software update inbound.
0 Likes