Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 05:35 PM)
MarkBryant
Explorer
Options
Hello everyone. I am using a Galaxy S23 Plus and have recently received the ONE UI 6.1 update. I am pleased with the new features.

However, I have observed that when the battery level reaches approximately 25%, it depletes at a significantly faster rate compared to when the battery level is between 100% and 25%.

I would like to know if anyone else has encountered this issue or if it is an isolated case.
7 REPLIES 7
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi there

When did you last perform a Wipe Partition Cache of your device?

Would recommend you do so after every major OS update and periodically after monthly security updates.
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer USBC to USBC (you may also connect to another Samsung mobile via USBC). Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
MarkBryant
Explorer
Options
Thank you all for your advice. I will endeavor to do as you suggested and hope it fixes the problem.
0 Likes
gideeup6
Explorer
Options

You don't need to connect to a pc or other device. Simply turn the phone off then hold the power and volume up at the same time until the android logo. Once the options come up hit vol down until wipe partition cache is selected and hit power. Then vol up to reboot and hit power.

0 Likes
Piper123
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Has this changed in 6.0 or 6.1 because I'm pretty sure it is necessary to connect to a PC on Samsung devices
0 Likes
MarkBryant
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the advice, buddy! 👍

I did what you advised, and not only does the battery not drain quicker when it's around 25% anymore, but each charge is lasting quite a bit longer overall now. 🙌

Thank you, sir. 🙏 #batterylife #techtips #thankful
0 Likes
Tiggaman
First Poster
Options
Had the same issue after 6.1 update. Cleared the cache, problem solved... so far!