Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain issue

(Topic created on: 11-04-2024 03:11 AM)
Ramzi1990
Explorer
Options
So, I bought S23 ultra a week back. It was between Iphone 14 pro max and S23 ultra, but literally every review was in favor of S23 ultra battery performance. But tha battery performance is such that, after the application of all the optimization procedure which I read on this community, it doesn't even last half a day with a very minimal use. 
Did that parition cache thing too but didn't help. I am even using a different mobile for navigation. 
Everyone saying here that it is that new update issue, but when will it be fixed. Its god ***** flagship mobile.
18 REPLIES 18
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone will be in the initial learning phase, which can typically take around 2 weeks @Ramzi1990 to complete. 

Check in your Device Care Section under Battery to see what's using your battery. 

Other parameters, such as low network signal, can drain the battery along with using 5G. A person should be able to set the phone to 4G / Lte in Settings and Connections if 5G isn't required. 

Also, the process of moving your information from your previous phone to your new phone can sometimes cause hiccups. Samsung Smartswitch, for some, has presented such issues. 

The phone has sleep and deep sleep settings that you can put individual apps into, which can help. 

Social Media Apps can drain the battery as they constantly work in the background, sending notifications and updates. These are referred to as vampire apps..

Location based apps can drain the battery. 

There are lots of battery saving tips if you perform a forum search. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ramzi1990
Explorer
Options
I posted this question after literally reading such posts since last week. I have done all the things you have said above, but nothing has changed. The only hope I have got is the 2 weeks' usage.
Other than that, it has been a very disappointing experience.
Ramzi1990
Explorer
Options
If, just for supposition, the data transfer has got this issue, then I need to factory reset my phone?
0 Likes
Ramzi1990
Explorer
Options
As I said earlier, everything is optimized to its fullest level. On a normal usage, this phone doesn't even last half a day, let alone full day.
Tourbillon De La Vie
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Can you maybe post a screenshot or two of the battery usage? Normal usage can mean anything. My normal usage gives me approx 6 hour screen on time. 

Members_P4LTKNT
First Poster
Options

Caused by 6.1 update. The battery was amazing till then - Samsung needs to release a fix for it.

Ramzi1990
Explorer
Options
I'll do today as after charging the mobile, one can't find the previous battery performance.
0 Likes
Ramzi1990
Explorer
Options
The estimated time is 21 hours. Will post further screenshots.1712840690331.jpg
0 Likes
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
@Ramzi1990 it's the one ui 6.1 update I've tested something just now if I put do not disturb on but allow certain apps to receive notifications and accepts all calls the battery isn't draining maybe try that

When I updated to one ui 6.1 last week I only had power saving mode on
Standard refresh rate
Dim apps
Location off
Put certain apps to deep sleep and some to sleep
Notifications for certain apps on

After update did all above and today just put do not disturb on