Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Base S23 battery problem

(Topic created on: 22-11-2023 08:44 AM)
Daryx234
First Poster
Options

Hello everyone, I need some help. I've had the base S23 for 3 months now and I've noticed that the battery drains quite fast. Today after I charged it fully to a 100%, I lost more than 20% in 1 hour. I also see that I lose 1% of battery every 4 mins. I have everything turned off (location, 5G, bluetooth) and power saving on but nothing seems to work. I don't know if I'm paranoid but if someone has some kind of solution I would be very thankful.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you checked in battery and device care in settings.
Will give you an idea what is using the battery life most
Sounds like it could be an app running in the background
Some apps need to know location to know where they are. Maps apps etc
They could be constantly searching for location
Daryx234
First Poster
Options

I do have my location turned off at all times. I only use apps like tiktok or snapchat and I tried deleting both of them to see if they're the problem but I still got the same battery problem.

0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
Take a look at your battery usage in settings. It should tell you exactly what is causing high battery drain. See this example.

SmileySmartSelect_20231122_120335_Device care_1000012153_1700654615.jpg
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Daryx234
First Poster
Options

Screenshot_20231122_142324_Device care.jpg

 It looks like this. I already put all these apps in deep sleep. 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Daryx234 Are you using general  optimisation such as turning off  connections such as wifi/Bluetooth/GPS,  putting some apps which are not needed  on a regular regular basis into sleep Mode?  It  is generally best to turn off Adaptive Brightness and not have it continuously at high levels.  weak connections can sometimes increase Battery depletion, though may not necessarily be the case. Power Saving/Dark Mode is an option at certain times of the day though I am not a fan of having these modes constantly or disabling too much, ideally you need a mix of the best experience with  impressive enough Battery life.

It is advisable to clear the cache partition after updates, temporary cache files are deleted but Data is intact. Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

You can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu and or use the Galaxy Booster app from the Good Guardians suite.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes