Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background feature while video call in WhatsApp

(Topic created on: 4 weeks ago)
ABJ14
First Poster
Options
Hello, I hope someone can assist me with this issue. I am using the Samsung Galaxy S23 base model. I am unsure if it has the background change feature during vidoe calls, but if it does, it is not appearing while I am on a call, 
despite being enabled in the settings. 
I have uninstalled some of the pre-installed apps, and I am concerned that this may have caused the issue. Could this be the case?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
keith30
Maestro
Options
What apps did you uninstall as usually any apps pre installed by Samsung aren't able to be uninstall. Has the phone been routed.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ABJ14: Apologies if you have already tried this, but please head to Settings > Advanced features > Video call effects, and adjust the Background colour and Background image settings from here. Also, please check if WhatsApp is listed in the Available apps section at the bottom of the screen. 

0 Likes
ABJ14
First Poster
Options
No, it's a brand new phone, and I didn't route it
0 Likes
ABJ14
First Poster
Options
Yo, check this out. In the image, there's no option to enable or disable anything. That's wild, right? I did everything, and my WhatsApp is the list there.1713448893858.jpg
0 Likes
Nimda8
Explorer
Options
My phone only has the MEET app as an option to use those features with.
Seems like goigle again taking a liberty, trying to push Samsung users in the direction of using their apps.
I wish we had rid of google from our Samsung phones.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ABJ14: What happens when you tap on 'Video call effects', which is visible at the top of your screenshot? 

0 Likes
ABJ14
First Poster
Options
That's just only shows the background effects and the supporting apps , whatsapp is in that list
0 Likes