Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps not working in Secure folder after OneUI 6 update

(Topic created on: 01-11-2023 06:58 AM)
mikheii
Apprentice
Options

Some of the apps are not working in Secure folder after I updated to OneUI 6. Chrome, Gmail and Protonmail crashes right after I open them. 

Gmail says that the root cause is Android system webview and that I should disable it. If I disable it Gmail and Protonmail starts to work but Chrome doesnt open at all. 

I wiped cache partition and updated all the apps. Still doesnt work. 

I hope this gets fixed soon. I use these apps every day. 

17 REPLIES 17
Pu00112
Apprentice
Options
Same here
0 Likes
Olaf_84
First Poster
Options

Yes I have the same issues after installing OneUI 6. I hope they find a solution quickly 

0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options
Quite a few things do not seem to work anymore, but did in the Beta ! All very odd
0 Likes
KirkyLAD
Navigator
Options
I had this issue in Beta 9 and reported it but I assume they have thrown that report out as the beta is over. Be sure to report it guys if you haven't already

Uninstalling the updates for Android System Webview app works as a workaround but it will likely mean you are vulnerable to security exploits
0 Likes
theant01
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue as well, on my S23U after updating to One UI 6

0 Likes
Pu00112
Apprentice
Options
Does anyone got solution?
0 Likes
chintandhandha
First Poster
Options

Same here. I think a latest update to chrome seems to not be crashing anymore but webview is still broken and makes Gmail and other apps that need it crash

0 Likes
asulaim
First Poster
Options

Go settings, app, android web  , click on the three line mark on the top right corner , select undo update.

Everything goes to normal

Ferdous
Apprentice
Options

Same problem here. 

0 Likes