Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6.1 UI Update, swipe gestures don't appear to work?

(Topic created on: 28-03-2024 08:38 AM)
Leequ
Navigator
Options
Good morning world, after downloading the 6.1 Update this morning the UI reverted to out the box settings, guessing to allow the CIRCLE feature. Once I restored the swipe gesture, I found swiping from the bottom left no longer shows my recent apps and swiping from the bottom right no longer let's me go back?

Currently, where ever I swipe up from sends me back to the home screen. 

Have a lovely day, thanks for any support 
44 REPLIES 44
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Hi, I don't use the swipe gesture feature alot. However, just installed UI 6.1 update and tried swipe gestures and this is how it's working for me.
Swipe right brings up recent apps. Swiping right and left cycles through those recent apps. Swipe up takes me back to homescreen. Swipe (drag) to top of screen shows all recent apps. Long press on bottom of screen brings up circle to search.
I presume this is working as intended.
Leequ
Navigator
Options
I don't think it is, previously I never used the swipe (drag) from the bottom, I would swipe from the bottom left and curve into the middle with my finger, this would show my most recent apps.

Certainly strange, muscle memory is wanting the phone to do one thing and it's not doing doing it 🤔🤣
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
I've just enabled circle to search which uses a long press on home button. It also advises that the swipe from bottom left or right will then open whatever assistant you had enabled (in my case Gemini), so may need to check swipe options in settings/launcher settings.
Leequ
Navigator
Options
Yeah I've removed the assistant
0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
That'll be why going to home screen then if circle to search enabled on long press of home button. I'd hope there would be a setting you can reconfigure to change that though
0 Likes
Leequ
Navigator
Options
Yeah, for example instead of me swiping up from the bottom right to return to a previous page, I've now got to swipe from the right of the screen. The issue with this is that due to the keyboard, I've got to swipe half way up the phone or the keyboard thinks I'm trying to swipe a word 🎹🤦
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Agreed, old habits and all that. Hope you get used to it. In the meantime, I'm reverting back to buttons now as It's what I'm used to.
0 Likes
Clive7409
Voyager
Options
Try these settings

1711619077405.jpg
0 Likes
Fenriel
Journeyman
Options
Found a workaround for this.
You'll need to use the goodlock suite, the navstar module
But you'll need to use an updated version of it, best thing would be to download the latest apk from apkmirror
After installing everything inside navstar there's the option "enable extra gesture settings"
Now just go back to the phone settings, navigation bar and inside the old setting will be there and you can still use Circle feature