Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi drops and phone restarts continuously

(Topic created on: 30-10-2023 11:48 PM)
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi

My s22 ultra keeps restarting whenever the WiFi is on. I have spoken to my network provider who have advised that this a software issue and to let Samsung know too. 

Every time the phone restarts, I go to the Samsung members app and the first message that pops up tells me that my phone incorrectly restarted and that a log will be sent to Samsung.

I hope a fix is made available as I'm only using my data at the moment for the internet and cannot use WiFi.
74 REPLIES 74
AtshaamY
Options

Hi there, @KNawazI'd like to make sure that your software is updated. Go into Settings > Software update > Download and install. Then, make sure you have enough storage space as having little to no space can cause the phone to restart and your apps to crash. To check, go to Settings > Tap on 'Battery and device storage' > Tap Storage. If you need to delete any files/data to free up some space, then check this page on our website: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-clear-up-storage-space-on-your-smartphone/

AtshaamY

0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
Hi AtshaamY, this issue started with the most recent software update.

The phone has 250gb out of 512gb of free space and definitely up to date in terms of software.

I have seen other users having the same issue on Samsung members community and my UK network provider has stated that other phone users are having the same issue since the recent software update and not just s22 ultra users.

Other then a factory reset, I have tried everything and I have read from another post that performing a factory reset does not clear the issue either.

K
Mhodgey16
First Poster
Options
I've got this currently, restarts about 10 times a day and it's ridiculously annoying... hoping the new update comes soon and fixes it
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
I've just posted on someone else's post about the same issue and what Samsung sent me regarding this:

The device shows pcie link down or ITMON error several times. Those can be related to hardware malfuncitoning in PCIe block of AP or Wi-Fi.

I don't think that it is a hardware fault as so many other users are having the same issue so I have sent another message to Samsung as I do not live anywhere near a Samsung experience store.

Hope a fix is sent soon too.
0 Likes
BrecksLFC
Apprentice
Options
Have had the same issue for 2 weeks now. Numerous reports sent to samsung, they just keep telling me they are working on a fix. I have to have WiFi off at all times.
0 Likes
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
I was on the phone to Samsung myself just now and via smart tutor, an engineer cleared cache and resetting network settings. Said to keep an eye on this and if issue happens again, then to call back and they will send out an engineer to fix the phone.

Didn't acknowledge that this is a known fault.

Did Samsung tell you they know about this issue?
0 Likes
ElleG
Explorer
Options

I feel like Samsung are just ignoring me now - tried to push for an answer, explained it wasn't a WiFi issue, but they haven't responded at all. Even did a reset on my phone to check and now it won't sign into WiFi at all. Just says "scanning for Wi-Fi networks".

0 Likes
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Have you found a fix for this yet or is it just a case of waiting until samsung accept its a problem and wait for an update?
KNawaz
Explorer
Options
No fix yet. I think you are right with Samsung accepting that it is a fault and then sending an update. I called a few days ago and the adviser was not aware of any issue even though I said that a lot of users have had the same issue. Adviser went through normal bits like clearing cache and saying that this should deal with issue. I did ask what will happen if it continues and was advised that I could have someone come out to fix the 'hardware'. It subsequently restarted within 5 mins of me ending the call.
0 Likes