Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wasting battery

(Topic created on: 28-01-2024 01:30 AM)
haras15
Explorer
Options
I seem to be charging my phone during the day.i do use it quite alot and I think it might be a good idea to swap it now than wait later on. If they don't change the battery and you have no insurance it will cost a fortune to get another phone so I think I will get rid of this s22 ultra and hope for the best.
Can I get any help??
What do you say.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
tidyboythfc
Journeyman
Options
The members app has a function that lets you test every part of your phone. If your battery health is fine, try looking at ways to reduce power consumption. There are simple ways that all add up and save you loads of battery. I still easily get 2 days of moderate use and 15 hours of heavy heavy use.

Always have battery optimisation on.

Always use a black based background and dark mode. This means the pixels on the screen aren't being used as much, saving a lot.

Look through your phone and see what's using all the RAM. Sg apps and processes as if you have things constantly running in the background, it'd going to drain your battery like crazy.

Having animated wallpapers and loads of notifications will also drain it faster.

I've even made mine just use the 4g network as that is perfectly fine and uses up much less battery than 5g. Use WiFi always when you're at home.

There are so many things you can do.

Also im I guess your phone is new, so I hope you charge the battery properly? I just put the battery protection on my S22 ultra as it's getting older now, and I want to get the most out of my phone. It limits the charge to 85%

Hope you did a proper drain and full charge a couple of times to calibrate your battery. Some people do it 6 or 7 times.

If you just search youtube for the best ways to save battey on s24, then there will be loads of tips.

Like I said, my old s22 ultra runs super well with the battery optimisation doing most of the work for you, and then you can do other things to save even more.

Unless you have 20/20 vision, you don't need the display on Max. You can have it on the setting just before.

I highly recommend using the members app for diagnostic info and tests to see if there is anything wrong. If it's all fine, then follow the above steps.

Oh, and games will drain your battery so much, so minimise that. I don't even bother playing them, really.

Hope that helps a bit. If you have an issue in diagnostics in the members app then you need to change it while you still can. These things cost a bomb so just do regular health checks and use the app "device care" every week, and schedule a restart once a week.

I could go on and on. You can save so much battery. I even have my galaxy watch connected 24/7 and I still last the day with ease. If I didn't use it much it would last a few days easily.

Goodluck
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A battery's performance will reduce over time as they do not have an infinite amount of charge and discharge cycles @haras15 

Hiw long have you owned your Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra  ?

You could use the diagnostic tool found in your Samsung Members App and a Samsung Service Centre can assess your phone. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Reylob
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have had the S22U since it was released. Unlike @tidyboythfc I do not have battery optimization, but I still get similar battery life. I am not a gamer, so that might be something to consider.

I pre-ordered the S24U, just for the fact that it does not have Exynos. Saying that, you might like to wait until the next wave of offers to get the S24U. Delivery is taking ages at the moment. I will not get mine until the 9th of February the earliest. Definitely not before release.

Samsung online shop and app are really bad. It is not a pleasant experience at all. Their customer service is even worse. Be ready to wait for hour on the phone just to talk to agent who is unable to tell you any accurate information or lie blatantly.

@haras15 I assume that your S22U still have some warranty months left. Do you have any serious issue with the phone? I get phone signal problems. It is not a bad phone but not good enough for a flagship. The S22U was plagued with problems from release date and still have some niggles. If battery is the only problem, and I were you, I would wait a few months more to swap it. If the phone is having a few other issues, then you might like to pre-order before all the rewards are over.

0 Likes
haras15
Explorer
Options
thanks very much. I will try looking at this.
0 Likes
haras15
Explorer
Options
Do u know anything about the locked folder and how to open it
0 Likes
haras15
Explorer
Options
Hello Everyone, Got it. I got my s24u now. ITS STILL TELLING ME I HAVENT DOWN LOADED EVÈYTHING FROM ONE PHONE RO THE OTHER BUT WHAT CAN I DO THEY HAVE RECEIVED MY PHONE ALREADY. IVE GOT 2 APPS OF EVERYTHING NEALLY. LOL
0 Likes