Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should we move to IPhone?

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
KSharma
Explorer
Options
Samsung is not releasing the AI update to S22ultra phone, should we move to iPhone as they provide longer support and upgrade?
0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
If you were a hardware engineer then would understand that the difference in the processorand chipset between the S22 and S23 / S24 ranges would make a large difference.

Some of the AI features, live translate, circle to search, photo processing all need a large resource of processing power.

So 'AI is application based' comment maybe true, it is dependent on hardware constraints to be able to run. This is apart from Samsung needing to verify and optimise these features with less powerful phone.

I am sure they have evaluated the use of S22 and found it is too hard on the resources.

P.s. I AM actually a hardware design engineer for aerospace industry. These are my thoughts.
- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
KSharma
Explorer
Options
Which update and feature is released, I might have missed it.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
Go on your phone settings or device care, go to the Software section and check for software updates. My phone got two updates, one in February and one in March. Both times I found lots of new settings that look like the AI on the S24U. I have discovered them as I was using the phone, I didn't know they were included with the updates.
0 Likes
KSharma
Explorer
Options
The Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra are all less than two years old, but according to Samsung's Head of Customer Experience, Patrick Chomet, none of the company's 2022 devices are expected to benefit from its cutting-edge Galaxy AI features – at least not any time soon.
0 Likes
KSharma
Explorer
Options
The Samsung Galaxy S22, Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus and Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra are all less than two years old, but according to Samsung's Head of Customer Experience, Patrick Chomet, none of the company's 2022 devices are expected to benefit from its cutting-edge Galaxy AI features – at least not any time soon.
0 Likes
Star_girl
Hotshot
Options
If Samsung said that I believe them, but I've got Live Transcribe, circle to search (powered by Google though) and a few other new stuff on the Note20U, including some new and very good security settings, since the last two updates and slightly more long lasting battery, so I believe they have tried to put a few of the new things that are still compatible with this old phone.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Why not, can't be any worse on what's happening with the S23.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KSharma 

That's entirely a personal choice to use which Manufacturer and model of phone that ticks your wants and needs boxes. 

You could upgrade to the Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra which has the AI features now if that's a deal breaker for you ,or the Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra which has AI and 7 years of support. 

I wish you all the best with your choices.  😎

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes