Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

set on fire

(Topic created on: 08-02-2024 01:46 PM)
djfox
Student
Options

I had my S22 ultra of the desk at the side of me and I started to smell something bad it wasn't charging at the time then the next thing I know the back had blown off and the battery was on fire luckily I was in my room so I through it out of the windows as this was on fire and now Samsung wont replace the phone under warranty when I have spoken to them about this and thy are saying the phone has been tampered with and due to a crack on the back cover which would have been caused when I though this, I am now left with a £400 bill for a phone that is in burnt bits as I have a brain injury I need my phone for emergency but now one seems to care, I now cant afford to get a new phone so cant leave the house and the carpet was burnt.

Please can some one help me. I may need to go to the papers about this .

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
If you can get an independent report on the battery that shows it as faulty and the cause of the fire, then there's no real way to prove your story. I'd go to the papers. Look forward to seeing your article.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you are in the UK
Can you send a Direct Message to @Sam_UK
They maybe able to help in some way
StephK1
Options

Hey there, @djfox, sorry to hear about this incident. Please drop @Sam_UK a message with further information where one of our mods will be on hand to help. Please note that if your case has already been investigated, and you have been provided with the final outcome, this isn't something that we can overturn. If you're not sure how to send a PM on Community, please check out the following link: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/how-to-send-a-private-message-on-the-samsung-comm... 

djfox
Student
Options

Thank you

0 Likes
djfox
Student
Options

there's bits of metal left of the battery

0 Likes
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Urghh not good. Let's hope Samsung can help you more.
HootleTootle
Voyager
Options
Wow, all the in one sentence, that's impressive. Also, it's threw.
MorningBlunt
Helping Hand
Options
If they say you tampered with it... 🤔

MB
0 Likes
djfox
Student
Options
The s22 ultra is been sent to the forensics team to be looked at
0 Likes