Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security update

(Topic created on: 16-01-2024 02:29 PM)
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Hi my names rich and I have a Samsung galaxy s22 ultra but I haven't had a security update since September 2022 . Think I should have at least an update by now?

Thank you

Rich

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
keith30
Maestro
Options
You should have had a few by now, the January 24 security update was released few days ago and you should also be on Android 14 Ui6 as well. You receive the security patches once a month, when did you purchase your device and if though a network provider you should contact them to fine out why you've had no updates
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
I've had it since 22nd September 2022
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @richbadcompany  is this a Uk Device?  I have the December 2023  security update on an S21 Ultra and the January 24 one is apparently  starting to roll out in Europe for the S21-S23 series.  https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-s21-s22-s23-january-2024-security-update-europe/ You could try Smart Switch , need to connect device to computer and have the software installed https://www.androidcentral.com/how-update-your-samsung-phone-smart-switch 

otherwise contact network as suggested.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Just done a factory reset but still the same. Tried the smart switch came up device unsupported
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
All it says1705429016622.jpg
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Can I ask where you go the phone from?
0 Likes
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Fonehouse. But under a three contract I'm in the UK too
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
So it's should be a UK phone, sorry for asking just trying to work out if from another country that could cause any issues

You should have had a few updates by now

Have you tried connecting to a pc and using smartswitch to see if it detect update? I remember a coupe of years go I got no update but taking advice from folks in here I connected it to my laptop and smartswitch did an update and then had every update after normally
richbadcompany
Journeyman
Options
Had a go with smart switch kept on saying device not supported
0 Likes