Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure Folder

(Topic created on: 30-01-2023 11:57 AM)
Brijesh
First Poster
Options
Hi can any one help me to reset secure folder as I forget my pattern I have got 2 more tries left.
When tried to rest all I getting is buffering symbol like loading nothing else.

8 REPLIES 8
AshP_
Options

Hi @Brijesh, I recommend uninstalling the latest Samsung account update by heading to Settings > Apps > Samsung account > Three dots (top right) > Uninstall updates.

Then, head to Settings > Security and privacy > Secure Folder > Mistype your PIN/pattern > Forgot password > Reset > Enter a new password.

petedriver
Apprentice
Options
Does not work keeps saying enter pin
Kazza80
First Poster
Options
That's all I get too, don't even get an option to reset password.
JustADude12
Apprentice
Options

Me too.

0 Likes
eloceo
First Poster
Options

Perhaps someone with some knowledge of this problem might post a reply. Your suggestion does not work and never will because the 'Secure Folder' does not give any options to change the password. Every time you select it from wherever you are in the Android system, it still expects the password with no 'forgot password' options.

0 Likes
Niikic
Explorer
Options
Me too
0 Likes
RJL_Note10Plus
Student
Options

Ditto ... Ditto ... Ditto

You can add my 'Ditto' to the list

... its an absolute echo chamber in here with this Secure Folder BS !!

0 Likes
eloceo
First Poster
Options

Ok, for anyone who still experiencing this problem (and the front page notification).  Mine finally went away after I tried it again after each failure. But the downside is it eventually deletes the folder.

So, to explain. The time limit that it's locked out seems to increase every time you enter the 'wrong' password. So, becoming bored with it, I continued each time. I think it went something like, locked out for 30 secs, 1 minute, 5 mins,  10mins, then 30 mins, then 1 hour, then 4hrs, then 8 hrs, then 12 hrs etc. However, when I got to 48hrs, i didn't respond with another figure, it came back with something like unable to login, please delete your secure folder.   I clicked on the 'delete' button and hey Presto, it was deleted and I no longer had the ridiculous notification on the front screen (although I had lost any data in the secure folder)

0 Likes