Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra Continuous Restart Loop

(Topic created on: 14-04-2024 12:00 AM)
mvn1
Student
Options

My Samsung S22 Ultra which I bought two years ago as of March 2024 suddenly went blank three days ago and entered a continuous restart loop. I tried all the hacks on YouTube and when this didn't work, went online and chatted with the service agent. I was then referred to a service centre in Lagos Nigeria where I am based. I got there and after some hours I was told the phone panel was bad and I needed to cough out about $800 for a new panel. The strange thing is that the phone was just out of warranty by a few weeks, had never been broken, damaged or opened for repairs before. It just suddenly went out on its own and entered a continuous boot sequence. During one of this sequence, I managed to get a screen grab of a display message where it stated it was a software download.... see below. Now, I believe the issue with my phone originated from a faulty Samsung software that has crashed my phone and I am left with costly repairs with no one taking accountability. And that it was designed to happened immediately the phone was out of warranty. Has anybody experienced the same issue and how do we go about getting redress from Samsung or letting the whole world know the suspected scam that is going on.

mvn1_0-1713048952905.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately a phone can fail at anytime due to either hardware issues or software that has somehow corrupted. 

Samsung don't in my opinion make a phone fail after it's manufacturing warranty has ended. 

I own a Samsung phone which is past it's manufacturers warranty of 2 years and it is still going strong. 

If you personally think it's a software issue and nkt a hardware issue then the phone will possibly need to have a factory reset if this can be achieved on the phone. 

Do you have any other type of insurance such as Home Contents etc. 

If not you have the option of Samsung trying to repair the phone for you. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate to ask.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
mvn1
Student
Options

Hi @BandOfBrothers, thank you for replying to my post. I have owned several Samsung models but never used anyone for more than one and a half years always choosing to upgrade and gifting the old one away.

The truth is this issue appear to be predetermined because I took great care of this one only for it to develop issues few weeks after the warranty expired. On the box, the warranty clearly states 2 year warranty for Africa. Too much of a coincidence I dare say. Surprisingly, the phone started working after I gave to an external service centre only to go off after about 20 minutes. I am left with no options but to sell it for parts as it doesn't make any sense fixing it for about $800 when newer models exist.

I am very disappointed with this issue and will only buy another Samsung because I have hotten used to iys functionality and apps. But I am thinking seriously of upgrading to an iphone which I don't particularly like. But what other choice do I have😒

0 Likes
MakeSnot
Apprentice
Options
Same problem just came back from Samsung, received my s22ultra as a gift brand new with a sealed box, for the past 34h I'm stuck in the boot loop and I have like 4-5 min to operate my phone, tried all the trick and tips nothing works, been to Samsung this morning and they won't touch it because I don't have a receipt for it, having the box for it warranty and all of that but they won't have a look without the receipt... I suspect its an update issue as I had a message notification saying that my phone did not start correctly and if I allow for the feedback to go to Samsung soo they can work on it, my last option its to factory reset it but I will lose all my data
PJackson
Apprentice
Options
I've got this problem off the constant reboots, WiFi off stops it for me... But why? Weekdays going on, there are other threads about this too!
Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
Same issue here too, 100% a software issue
0 Likes
CoyoteStarrk07
First Poster
Options

I did factory reset, Didn't work ...Same issue still happening 

0 Likes
S22ultra1139
First Poster
Options

My s22 ultra got one ui 6.0 and startet reboot loop and WiFi off. Have updatet Google shop, one ui 6.1. I have also tried factory reset. Nothing helped. I have updatet everything Again. Same crash loop. I was ready to leave it fore dead. I pressed off switch until it booted, then switched off WiFi. Then I found the app One ui home under settings. Open it and check That everything is checked (granted). Since I accepted all in One UI Home (pics and contacts), then I have had No issues With wifi auto turning off and boot loop. I have testet My Phone fore 2 days now. No problem for now. 

0 Likes