Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Calendar frustration.

(Topic created on: 24-10-2023 10:02 AM)
Amanda104
Apprentice
Options
I have spent literally years searching for a solution to this problem because it drives me mad.... 
When you put an entry into Samsung Calendar you get suggestions based on old events. For example if I start to type 'lunch', then all past events will appear in a dropdown like field with sugesstions starting with "lunch".
It has nothing to do with my Keyboard, autocorrect, autofill of my Internetbrowser, with my Gmail account, or the many other tips I read everywhere. No, it has to do with the calendar storage and I can't find a way to clear it. Can anyone please help? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Try the following:
- Make sure you have the latest version installed. Currently 12.4.07.15 for the S22 series.
- Open the Samsung Calendar app and tap on the three lines at the top left to access the settings
- Tap on the cog icon at the top right
- Scroll all the way down until you find the Labs option under More settings.
- Tap on Labs. This should open the Calendar Labs menu.
- Once there, enable the 'Hide event recommendations' toggle

Exit the settings and try creating a new Calendar entry. Hopefully, you will now see the desired behaviour.

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Solution
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Try the following:
- Make sure you have the latest version installed. Currently 12.4.07.15 for the S22 series.
- Open the Samsung Calendar app and tap on the three lines at the top left to access the settings
- Tap on the cog icon at the top right
- Scroll all the way down until you find the Labs option under More settings.
- Tap on Labs. This should open the Calendar Labs menu.
- Once there, enable the 'Hide event recommendations' toggle

Exit the settings and try creating a new Calendar entry. Hopefully, you will now see the desired behaviour.
0 Likes
Amanda104
Apprentice
Options

Oh my god I don't believe it! Thank you so much.

0 Likes
Amanda104
Apprentice
Options

So, a further question would be, rather than just toggle the option to 'off', can you actually delete the ones you don't want, a bit like press and hold on predictive options to remove them?

0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
Sorry, I don't think you can delete individual entries. Looks like it's just 'on' or 'off'. Since these are still lab features, Samsung may decide to add them permanently or remove them entirely in the future.
0 Likes
Amanda104
Apprentice
Options
Never mind.... Thank you for your replies :smiling-face:
0 Likes
LordJJ
Explorer
Options
Don't use Samsung calendar. It is terrible. Use the Google one instead
0 Likes