Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 Ultra, Strange Problem

(Topic created on: 07-12-2023 03:16 PM)
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
Hello Community, I hope you're well?

I've just noticed a strange problem with my S22 Ultra, which is just a tad over 1.5 years old.

Even on the highest volume, the voice on a phone call is sounding really quiet, before the Android 14 update, I don't remember experiencing this.

Also, I'm having issues with bad battery life, the phone is chewing through battery.

All the optimisations you can think of have been applied, yet there's no difference.

Could anyone please give some suggestions?
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Kdifius Are you turning off connections such as wifi, Bluetooth  and GPS when they are not required?   It os advisable to put some apps which are not used regularly into sleep Mode,Brightness should not be at highest level for long periods of time and may wish to consider a Power saving Mode at certain times of the day.  Whilst some suggest Dark Mode  not a fan of this  being constantly enabled and ideally you want a mix of the best experience coupled with effective Battery life.  Whilst you may have tried a number of these some more information here https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-optimise-the-battery-life-on-a-galaxy-smart... 

with the volume problem on calls  have yout tried clearing of the phone App.  However may need to clear the cache partition.  This deletes temporary cache files but keeps data intact and is  recommended after updates, has this been completed lately? Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
I always turn off my connections when not needed, and not long ago I reset the phone, I think something could be wrong internally.
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
You're right for most of the day, I have to use Dark Mode, I don't like it but the battery is depleting rapidly, the phone call isn't a big problem, but if I can't get really good battery life, that's bad isn't? Because I game and watch YouTube, browse Twitter alot etc, I have to have good battery life.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@KdifiusYes,  can see it is an issue.  some social Media apps can be battery Hogs though would say  Tiktok and Facebook are bigger culprits, some games are obviously more power intensive. Are any issues detected when you run the Diagnostics, Samsung Members-Support-Phone Diagnostics?   You could  send an  Error Report: Samsung Members-Support- Send Feedback Error Report.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
No, sir, battery and other diagnostics aren't showing what's wrong, I'm running Accubattery, which is stating that battery is now 90% of its original capacity, which went down quite fast weirdly.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Possibly you may wish to have the Device inspected to see if specific problem identified. (If you do not intend upgrading any time soon).

0 Likes