Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S22 ULTRA - LOCKED SAYS IT MAY BE STOLEN IN SPAIN?

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 01:12 AM)
Members_1v6eUKS
Explorer
Options

WELL HERE I GO I BUY A S22 ULTRA BRAND NEW FROM SHOP IN TENERRIFE  SAMSUNG SHOP I BACK HERE UK NOW ITS LOCKED SAYS MAY BE STOLLEN IN SPAIN WHAT IS THIS A SCAM I HAVE BOX DEBIT REC FROM SHOP I NOT REPORT STOLLEN WHATSS THIS A SCAM FROM SAMSUNG COS I SPEAK IN TENERRIFFE THEY SELL ME STOLEN PHONE  IS THIS POSIBLE ??? I HAVE A PASSKEY BUT NEED A PIN IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME  THANKS

0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is the risk with buying a phone overseas and no protection and no warranty

This has been reported many times where people buy phones overseas, second hand phones, ebay etc.... Its the risk that comes with it.

You need to speak to the people from the shop you brought it at, they obviously sold you a phone that has been reported as stolen
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Was it an official Samsung Experience Store you purchased from ?

Or a reseller etc ?

This could be a region lock @Members_1v6eUKS 

Usually a 5 minute call using a local sim while in the country of origin releases the region lock.

I appreciate your back in the UK so it might be worth asking Samsung to help remotely.

However if this is an imei lock then you can't have it lifted.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I think it would be best to check it out with the supplier, increased risk if you are not using a reputable source. Personally I  would not buy a mobile abroad, hopefully it can be sorted out though.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Members_1v6eUKS
Explorer
Options

i hard reset my phone and start up then sets up then at the end icp locked passkey xxx enter pin can anyone help

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Members_1v6eUKS 

After a factory reset you would usually be required to key in your various security protocols to safe guard the phone.

Key in your known pass words etc to complete the factory reset.

More information here How-do-i-perform-factory-reset-on-my-mobile-device. 

And How-to-unlock-the-galaxy-device-when-you-forgot-the-pin-code-pattern-or-password. 

>I can't unlock my device. 

To add I see you posted here with issues about a phone purchased abroad.

Is this the same phone ? 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s22-series/s22-ultra/m-p/6686864#M34080 

A factory reset would not remove a region lock or imei block I'm afraid.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
AntS
Options

Hi @Members_1v6eUKS , I’ve merged your topics as they appear to cover the same general issue. I've also removed one of your posts due to the language and suggested illegal activity.

Appreciate that you’re frustrated, but please do not use foul language or suggest carrying out illegal activities that can cause harm to both people and property.

Robot-, BandOfBrothers, and JAMES4578 have all given good advice here. In this instance it’s probably best that you speak to the shop you bought the S22 Ultra from.

Solution
Members_1v6eUKS
Explorer
Options

ok sorry x

0 Likes
Solution
Members_1v6eUKS
Explorer
Options

i do ime check and its clean not stollen its to do with this knox rubish id nevdr buy samsu g again as this shop was samsung shop i buy from a*** xxoles 

0 Likes
Solution
Members_1v6eUKS
Explorer
Options

yes i stillcant unlock this knox load of rubish samsung 1000 quid new phone now paper weight samsung rubish never again i will put this in news paper 

0 Likes