Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s22 ultra keep restarting after update

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
Kevin94Aug
First Poster
Options
After updating to one ui 6.0, S22 ultra may face the keeping restarting problem as mine did. My solution is that: Find the "about the phone" in the last of settings. Click "software status". Then find "Google play system update" to update Google play to the newest version. I guess the old google play service caused the crash.
13 REPLIES 13
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Kevin94Aug  updating Google pay may sort out the restarting problem . However  if issues persist a few things to try.  Firstly check the Diagnostics in  Samsung Members to see if anything is highlighted.  An idea to try in Safe Mode if third party apps or themes have been downloaded  as sometimes there can be a conflict.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

Clearing the cache partition can also yield results and it is advisable to perform this task after updates.  Some temporary cache files can become outmoded or in some cases corrupt.  Your Data is intact in comparison to Factory Reset(where you need to ensure your Data is backed up)|.

Follow these steps:|

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or  orther Device,Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Webbo117
Apprentice
Options

Have had the exact same issue with my S22 Ultra, sent it to Samsung 'Trusted' partner to get it repaired as Samsung were able to extend my warranty by 90 days cover this issue.

The 1.4* rated repair company decided my phone was 'damaged' with a crack on the back panel (which wasn't there when I sent it) so quoted me £300 as the phone needed a new motherboard due to the issue. Furious with Samsungs rubbish customer service and having a £1k+ phone only last 2 years is an absolute joke.

I've now requested my broken phone back with a nice new crack as I don't want to pay that scummy repair company any money (loads of other reviews saying the same thing) - if you do send your phone off please take photos before hand, this was my mistake.

What a load of rubbish. Also if you have the restarting issue, the only fix is a new motherboard which is a joke.

0 Likes
decodo99
Journeyman
Options

Did that work out for your? 

My S22plus has the reboot loop problem ONLY if i reboot it manually. Until now It managed to recover from the reboot loop after 10-15 minutes.

I noticed that my Google play version is one year old but to update It i need a reboot. If your solution doesnt work and i reboot the phone it may very weel be the last time i can use it if It doesnt recover from the reboot loop.

0 Likes
posetilac
Apprentice
Options

Hi Kevin, I can only confirm to have the same issue on my S22 ultra as of 15.04.2024. (S908B/DS, software version EUX, baseband 8). Tried everything and at the end did factory reset. The phone did not restart for almost 24h and just when I thought reset solved the issue and wanted to restore the data, the boot loop started again on a completely clean phone.
My current Google play system version says July 2023 and there seems to be no update to install. What is yours?

0 Likes
kev8611
First Poster
Options
Hi. Try it with the wifi turned off. My S22 ultra kept dropping wifi and bluetooth then restarting. I found it to be ok when wifi off. As soon as i turned wifi on, the phone instantly kept trying to reboot. I have booked it in for repair and am currently back to using my old s21 ultra which in all honesty, seems to work better even when the S22 was brand new.
0 Likes
posetilac
Apprentice
Options

My phone goes into restart loop even when the wifi is off, both in safe mode as well as after factory reset. Didn't really manage to catch the pattern why it happens. At first those loops were relatively quick. Now those cycles last 15-20 min before it comes on

Members_YpT79Ba
First Poster
Options

Hi. I have the same reboot loop since a few weeks as others and it is getting worse and worse.
Is it really a hardware or software problem?
It's really strange to see such a lot of users with the same issue

0 Likes
posetilac
Apprentice
Options

It's hard to tell if this is a software issue, as we all experienced it in different time span. For example, I am using unlocked EU version (EUX) and there was yet another update from Samsung I installed today (version U8DXD6), but that did not solve the issue for me. I am going to try with remote assistance from Samsung before I take it to the service.

0 Likes
Rhadu
Apprentice
Options

After update, the battery indicator  freeze at 85% and after 1 hr dropped to 75% 2 seconds.  After 5 hours was indicating 65% (during this time only 1 phone call was made for 2 mins) and from 65% battery the phone turned off indicating 0%

0 Likes