Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 ultra issues (exynos)

(Topic created on: 01-03-2022 09:52 PM)
ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
Its been 6-7 days that i have received my s22 ultra exynos varient and i have encountered many problems that have made my experience utterly disappointing. 

1. Battery

I had charged my phone to 100% at 8am and after around 8 hrs i have reached 25% meaning that at most i would be able to get 4.5 - 5hrs of SOT this has happening since i got the phone. Not only is this qhd+ 60hrtz but ive put most apps on deep sleep and optimised most settings to get the most battery life yet i suffer to even reach 5hrs SOT. I have called Samsung and been to a store but all they have said is that i should give it time to adjust.

2. Refresh rate

I was curious about the new LTPO 2.0 screen so i put the screen on adaptive and switched on the refresh rate indicator on the corner. What i found was shocking. The refresh rate did what it was supposed to, adjusting the refresh rate to match content on your screen and preserve battery, BUT i also found that my phone doesn't drop to 1hrtz instead the lowest it reaches on a still image is 24hrtz. I don't know if this is a issue on my phone only or with every phone. 

3. Lag and slow performance

Last of all i have had issues with camera lag which was reduced with the recent update but still occasionally occurs. Also the performance has been quite bad with jitter and loading times longer than that shown in reviews with the Snapdragon variant.

Overall im not satisfied with my purchase but i can't return it as i have traded in my previous phone. Im thinking of asking for an exchange but ive heard that it takes quite some time to receive the phone, im wondering if anyone knows if i go to a store will they be able to exchange my phone immediately?

30 REPLIES 30
Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Glad I am not the only one getting lame battery life
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
First turn off 5G
Also try install the last update
After update .

Turn your Android device off.

Simultaneously press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons, or whatever button combination you need to use for your phone to boot into Recovery Mode.

Use the volume buttons to navigate the Recovery Mode menu.

Use the power button to select Wipe Cache Partition.

Wait for the system cache partition to clear.

Select the Reboot option to return to normal device usage.

This probably help you with sorted out problem with quick drain battery

Daz73r
Helping Hand
Options
Not happy I gave my wife my S21u Screenshot_20220301-215852_Device care.jpg
ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
Thanks for the suggestion but i have already tested all of those and i also tried factory reset but no luck😔
0 Likes
aMassiveSausage
Apprentice
Options

I picked mine up today and honestly so disappointed, so far I've had it closing down app, slow af loading times and a game a play called Genshin Impact was unplayable. Checked out the game settings and said the device was over clocked on the low setting. Even in the lowest it offers its jittery. My one plus 7 pro from 2 years ago handles that game on high with ease. 

If this doesn't get sorted with an update I'm gonna be gutted as had the Note 9 and loved it.

ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
I also see the same thing happen to me, a drastic down fall in the battery life and when i look at my mums s21U she is able to use half the battery by doing the exact same things as me
ShockAbsorber
Explorer
Options
Im hoping that we will get updates to fix this but it just goes to show the lack of attention that Samsung gives to the exynos varients.
mieloncom
Pathfinder
Options
I hope this is only software issue ..
Check also this
https://youtu.be/1LGQtd3qqvk
aMassiveSausage
Apprentice
Options
I heard the exynos was made by the same people as the ps5 graphic card so if this is their first time venturing into the phone market I'm not surprised. Just wish we got the snapdragon variant here as we know they are good.