Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 refuses to recognize USB C to USB C cables when trying to charge, only recognizes USB A to USB C cables.

(Topic created on: 07-10-2023 10:33 AM)
Members_akRXnqX
Student
Options

So, yesterday, I randomly got a notification that fluid was detected in my charging port. It might be because I grabbed my phone after washing my hands, but the water didn't get close to the charging port. After a few hours, it disappeared, and I could charge it like normal again (using my USB C to USB C cable with the standard super fast charger from Samsung).

Today, I suddenly got the same fluid notification, even though my phone was just laying on my desk. After 15 minutes, it disappeared. Since then however, my phone refuses to recognize any USB C to USB C cable, both directly from my charger or a power bank. The same cables do however still work with other devices, so the cables aren't broken. For some reason, my phone will only recognize USB A to USB C cables, but will charge very slowly.

I tried cleaning the port, I turned on super fast charging in my settings, I reset USB settings, I updated my software, and I tested multiple cables and chargers. Is there anything I can do to try and fix this, or is my phone just permanently broken? If so, does it fall under the warranty and can I get it replaced or repaired?

4 REPLIES 4
neonfour
Pathfinder
Options
I've seen similar behaviour. Cetain USB C to USB C cables report that there's moisture detected and I dont think there is. Certainly twice when it happened it wsd very unlikely.

It doesnt matter which cables either. Some work and some don't. It's intermittent and inconsistent. But it isnt moisture.
0 Likes
poodle
First Poster
Options
I've got same problem with fast charging jumps in and all the time since last update?
0 Likes
Bala1
First Poster
Options

I have exactly the same problem too- any solution?

0 Likes
bostonxo
First Poster
Options

My S22 Ultra has the same problem.  It has been working fine until recently.  It stops responding to super-fast charging (often not responding to type C-to-C charging cable).  The same C-to-C cable and charger have been working before.  I also tried using other C-to-C cables and chargers and also cleaning the charging port with no luck.   But it is still working fine with A to C cables.  I suspect this has manifested itself since the software upgrade.   Does anyone have a fix on this?  This is getting annoying.  

0 Likes