Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 (Exynos Version) Battery Issue

(Topic created on: 22-10-2023 01:30 AM)
seanredmond23
Explorer
Options
Has anybody with the Exynos Version of the S22 had the issue where the battery health degrades fairly quickly like a percent a week. And even when freshly reset to brand new state the phone gets abnormally hot. (Note I've said freshly reset and updated). So hot in fact it flat out refuses to charge. It's doing it as I type this post as a matter of fact. I have to place it somewhere very cold to cool it down usually.

Many third party places (which are just as good as Samsung themselves if not More knowledgeable), have pointed out the phone clearly has thermals issues.

Would Samsung potentially replace the device based on abnormal power use/behaviour? 

The phone clearly has issues with power management and needs replacing as it stands.
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Your going to need to let a Samsung Service Centre have hands on with your phone @seanredmond23 nkt a 3rd party option to assess your phone. 

The phobe has a Limited 2 year Manufacturing Warranty. 

I have the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and haven't experienced such issues. 

I do keep it optimised,  up to date and occasionally clear the phone's System Partition Cache Files Section. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I still have my exynos s21 ultra and its doing pretty well for itself.

1. If you reset your phone always start from scratch.
Never back up apps, just add them back manually as and when you need them.

2. You can back up things like your photos ,message's contacts etc with Google One and get them back that way.

3. I have noticed the game optimisation app which was shot down by youtubers is actually good for my phone as it helps with my thermals while gaming and stuff so look into it.

4. I'm just presuming of nothing else works it could be a hardware issue like loose connection or the charger you are using.
seanredmond23
Explorer
Options
My charger is fine, and as a guy who works in IT myself (hardware guy) it's definitely a power management issue. I've gone through every option many times and also even if a third party examines it, under UK law Samsung still have to honour warranty
0 Likes
seanredmond23
Explorer
Options
Also in the UK it's not 24 months warranty it's 12 months
0 Likes
pagagagamate
Pathfinder
Options
That's why I returned my s22+ after a few weeks last year... Waited for the s23U and very satisfied so far
0 Likes