Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S22 died while plugged into charger

(Topic created on: 07-08-2022 03:02 PM)
DeloreanDMC_88
Student
Options

anyone had this issue recently.... i went from the Galaxy S8 which did this constantly.... so i thought it was cause it was like 4 years old.. until today at 9am and found my 6 month old Samsung S22 did the exact same thing... died while plugged into the wall...

after it died i replugged the phone in and it started charging back up... i had to google it and apparently its a battery calibration thing....its fully updated... i am thinking about calling up samsung and complain that they need to add that to the next update to prevent the phones from draining while its plugged into the wall so its not dead the next morning....

how i charge my S22 below

Anker Type C Wall brick to Type C to C cable that i got from the S22 itself

Model Number = SM-S901U (T-Mobile Version)

Galaxy S22 

5 REPLIES 5
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I've had an S9, S10+, S20 & now an S22+ and I've never had that happen or heard of a 'battery calibration' that would do that.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
All my phones have had contactless charging... s7, s10 and now s21.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @DeloreanDMC_88 

Usually if this happens it means something on the phone is using the battery faster than it can charge or the power source isn't sufficient.

Try > Safe Mode  > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ turns off downloaded apps and themes etc which may highlight an app or theme that's causing conflict. 

I would suggest to try an official Samsung Charging Brick and a new Samsung data cable.

Some other info here > galaxy-battery/care-and-maintenance/ and Guide-samsung-battery-calibration. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

DeloreanDMC_88
Student
Options

i tried the battery calibration like today and it said it was good as well.... i'll try safemode in a few minutes and see what's causing it

Andy3
Voyager
Options
You can't calibrate a battery. I bet its some dodgy app you have installed stopping your device charging. Factory reset and then your device will charge
0 Likes