Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor phone signal on S22 ultra

(Topic created on: 11-04-2024 02:27 PM)
DarealDD
Journeyman
Options

Hey folks, does anyone seem to know what could be the issue with my device?

It's quite frustrating having to deal with loss of signal each day. 

I have attempted the following approach:

1) Replaced the physical SIM for a new one.

2) Turn On and Off airplane mode (several times each day)

2) Reset the network (this was a temporary fix)

3) Cleared cache partition 

My Galaxy Watch 4 Active recently disconnected from the phone more than 5 times each day. 

I wiped the cache partition and reset the Watch. Though that did fix the Watch issue. 

It's really frustrating. Samsung what's up?

Galaxy S22 Ultra 

52 REPLIES 52
wozzat
First Poster
Options
I've gotnthe same problem.. replaced sim.. no fix, tried all the resets.. no fix.. last resort factory reset.. still no fix.. any ideas anyone.. please
0 Likes
Bumblebee108
First Poster
Options

Order the internal antennas and a gasket. Problem solved. It cost 13$

0 Likes
TXbyCA
First Poster
Options

I just spoke to the repair store that Samsung referred me to and he said that this is a known issue that occurred after an update about four or five months ago. He says they keep pushing out updates, but when they do It fixes one problem that causes another. He said the only resolution is to wait it out, but that it's happening with all Samsung phones.

0 Likes
Daniel Hernandez
First Poster
Options

My signal and reception are atrocious. Can samsung please fix this ? I called my internet provider and it's not their fault. Have anyone solved this issue ? Can you guys please give me any update ? 

0 Likes
Bumblebee108
First Poster
Options

Samsung will do nothing about this issue. Neither will your provider. You have to fix it yourself by replacing the internal antennas.  

0 Likes
shryane
First Poster
Options
Same with mine, I really regret getting an Samsung ultra 22,,,,, goes from 5g to 4g then to H?! Then to nothing,,,, camy use the phone without WiFi. The worse phone I have ever owned
0 Likes
MGamal
First Poster
Options

The same issue I do face, and I do the same steps. This phone makes me crazy too extend that I’m going to get rid of it cheaply

0 Likes
MGamal
First Poster
Options

I did all these steps but still the same issue 

0 Likes
Crimzin23
First Poster
Options

I have not had another brand in since galaxy 2 or 3  but I need a working phone. Any fix available or next week I'll have to try Google. 

0 Likes
callen6528
Journeyman
Options

Update: Samsung and Service Provider would not help at all and just said the phone is old you will have to buy a new one. This problem happened right after the Security Update I got in February. I fought and fought with both on how this is Samsung's fault and how if it wasn't for there update I wouldn't need a new phone, I had all the receipts and timestamps but no budge as the phone is "old and out of date". Amazing as the phone came out exactly two year pretty much on the dot to when the update came. I figured if I needed a new phone I might as well try and take a stab at taking this one apart and fixing it first. I took the advise from this forum and several others as well as youtube videos and changed out a few parts for like under $30. 

Parts Changed: 

-Signal Antenna (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CJ8TFC4L?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1)

-USB C Charger Dock Board (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B8YZMXQL?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1)

-Back Cover (I was careful enough taking this off  but for around $10 it was great peace of mind to have and I found it easier then removing the old gasket and replacing a new one)(https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BDZ29HGR?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

-Electronics Tool Kit (Very Handy if you don't have all the proper tools, but most of the tools come with the above recommended parts) (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08SGM6F79?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details)

The problem is completely resolved and the phone is working flawlessly. Having the phone switch back and forth for a month and a half probably did a number on my battery but while it was scary at first it the process was easy if you follow some step by step youtube videos so when I need to replace the battery I will feel confident enough. I really hope this helps as we are all put in this situation by Samsung and new phones are super expensive. Not fully sure how class action lawsuits come to be but I would be shocked if this doesn't become one with Samsung being aware of the problem and continuing to pass along the update.