Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone randomly restarting/getting hot

(Topic created on: 25-09-2023 05:40 PM)
jamess1985
Explorer
Options
my S22 since Saturday night is randomly turning itself off and then also sometimes gets stuck in a constant loop of restarting. however, this only appears to happen when I have WiFi toggled on (whether it's connected or not) & the phone gets hot as well. when I have the phone on Airplane mode it works absolutely fine for hours & doesn't get hot either. I've not put any new apps on in the last week and I have all software up to date. I've also run a virus scan & no issues. are my only options left a factory reset? any tips/ideas?
15 REPLIES 15
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @jamess1985  whilst you have had not installed any new apps lately Safe Mode could pinpoint third party apps causing an issue  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/  

However otherwise advisable to wipe the cache partition, this deletes temporary files but keeps your Data intact.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

you can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.

An idea to send an Error Report:  Samsung Members-Support-Error Reports.

If need to Factory Reset ensure Data backed up before doing so.  

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

jamess1985
Explorer
Options
Thank you! That was going to be my next plan of attack tomorrow to try safe mode & see if WiFi still causes an issue. And then I will try the cache partition too. I have 42GB of free space available so I don't think that's an issue?
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Ok ,yes storage is fine.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Check your accounts for any snyc issues.

Also when in the wipe cache options after wipe you also do the repair app options in the same menu.
jamess1985
Explorer
Options
Hi both,

here's a summary of what I've done/checked:

1) Ensure free space above 30%
2) Android update - up to date
3) App updates - up to date
4) Safe mode - still crashed
5) Wipe cache partition - still crashed

Do I have any other options left other than Factory Reset? What does the Repair App Options do in the Recovery Menu? Thanks!
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Repair apps
jamess1985
Explorer
Options
Looks like it refreshes app indexing for all apps on the phone. I'll give it a whirl too, cheers
Members_4w9ZYEO
First Poster
Options

hey i am having the same exact issue.Have you resolved yours and if yes please tell me how! Thank you

0 Likes
Andyj179
Apprentice
Options
Hey James did you find a fix? I'm having this issue
0 Likes