Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Phone randomly opening applications while using it

(Topic created on: 17-08-2023 10:57 PM)
Hamish03
First Poster
Options

As the title says, my Samsung S22 is constantly opening a single application (Utility Warehouse if that’s at all relevant). Sometimes it happens when I’m opening my phone & or opening apps, but it also happens when I have been on a single app for long periods of time.

I have tried just about every solution out there (except factory reset.. something I’d like to avoid if possible). Whether it be clearing cache, deleting certain apps, running virus scans, soft reboot, restarting the device 1000 times, disabling bixby.

While running the device in safe mode, the problem seemed to disappear (but it’s entirely possible it just didn’t happen in that period of time)

Are there any others on this forum that have been experiencing this issue in the last 2-3 days? If so, have you managed to fix it? 

Apologies if this isn’t in the right section, it’s not too clear to me where it’s meant to go. 

literally any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Hamish03: Did you download the app from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store, or from a third party site? If you head to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Uninstall, then this should remove it completely from your device, any background activity should no longer be possible. I recommend heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, to check for any malware or suspicious activity on the device. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It's probably the app as it only happening with one
0 Likes
TechMyBox
Journeyman
Options
Have you seen a priest? Also maybe factory reset needed 🤔
0 Likes
Hamish03
First Poster
Options

I have deleted the App, and it still attempts to do it. But instead of bringing up the app (Utility warehouse), it brings up something about NFC. The only other thing I can think to try is delete the App itself & then clear cache. Other than that, I’m all out of ideas 

0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@Hamish03: Did you download the app from the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store, or from a third party site? If you head to Settings > Apps > Select the relevant app > Uninstall, then this should remove it completely from your device, any background activity should no longer be possible. I recommend heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Device protection > Scan phone, to check for any malware or suspicious activity on the device. 

0 Likes
Hamish03
First Poster
Options

Hi, just commenting to say that this method of uninstalling paired with turning the phone off for 60s fixed my issue (at least for now). Massive thank you!

0 Likes
ian184
First Poster
Options
I get this as well always temu app and my ear buds wanting to connect
0 Likes