Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keeps switching off and on

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
amz1234
Student
Options
My phone keeps shutting off and then comes back on.

I have since then removed some files from storage to help free space and done an update. Doesn't switch off as frequent now but still happens everyday.

It will switch off and on like 10times and then for the whole day it will be fine. The battery seems to charge and hold its charge fine. 

Theother issue that has come about since this is my WiFi doesn't turn on and neither does it search for any networks.

Does anyone know what could be causing this?
5 REPLIES 5
Robin999
Black Belt 
Options
Are you getting low on space? If so, then be brutal and delete everything you don't really need. Take advantage of any free cloud storage and upload your photos and videos to it.

What troubleshooting methods have you already tried? What Android /UI version are you currently running?
0 Likes
amz1234
Student
Options
I was low on space, deleted a lot and have 15gb free now. That should be enough, surely?

Except from restarting and putting in safe mode, that's all I've tried. Don't know what else can do.

Version 6.0
0 Likes
Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
You're not alone here, many people are experiencing this and at the same time which indicates a major software bug that Samsung NEEDS to address. Where is the Samsung presence here?!
Members_SU1JPz6
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue here, I can't even use my phone due to it being rebooted 24/7...

Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
I've tried absolutely everything, from a new battery in the device, factory resets, firmware flashing in ODIN and everything and whilst my issue is better its still there. This phone just isn't reliable and I can't carry a phone around where I can't rely on it to be on in an emergency. Samsung this is a genuine safety issue, take note and bug test and patch! At bare minimum confirm the one ui6.1 will resolve it
0 Likes