Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening the Edge Panel on a flat screen with case is difficult

(Topic created on: 19-01-2024 07:02 PM)
SanaLambo
First Poster
Options

I've been using the Edge Panel since the S8 and then the S10, and use "swipe from sides and bottom" gesture navigation type. S10 had waterfall screen and it was convenient to open the side panel by swiping from the edge, even when the phone was in a case; zone to swiping to open the Edge Panel was wide and was not used to display content. I'm currently using an s22 with a flat screen without a curved display, also with a case that covers the bezel next to the display. But since there is no wide area on the side of the screen, opening the Edge Panel is very difficult. Most often, the return gesture is triggered.
I think it would be logical for the handle position to not trigger the back gesture from side of display, but to trigger the open side panel gesture only.

0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Maybe consider button navigation for now if your current case is hindering the edge panels feature. 

I have the Samsung Galaxy s²² Ultra and use the official Samsung Black Leather clip on case which works fine as that case allows enough space on the edges. 

Or think about using another case @SanaLambo 

You can send your idea about customisation via your Samsung Members App. 

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes