Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OneUI 6.1 Bug spotted on S22 Series

(Topic created on: 3 weeks ago)
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
OneUI 6.1 Facing issues on Galaxy S22 Series yet again.

Red 'delete' box remaining on phone after restarting.

From the green line issue, to multiple settings moving around to become less accessible on the Galaxy S22 Series, the OneUI 6.1 update has been plagued with issues from the start. 

While reorganising the app drawer, I was taken to the home screen where I had to delete the app using the top section of the phone, due to a lack of space. After having done this, I was surprised to discover that after having briefly turned off my Galaxy S22 series device, I discovered that the red box indicating there was no room left to place the app was still left on the home screen, like a ghost. I tried interacting with the area of the screen to get it to disappear and swiping to other screens, yet nothing seemed to happen, and the red ghost stood there with me unable to do anything about it.

After the OneUI 6.1 Update for the Galaxy S22 Series being delayed for weeks after the green line issue spotted on Galaxy devices, I would have thought that the developers would have had time to polish the update before its release, but it turns out that wasn't the case. 

Whilst I have experienced issues regarding the home screen before, from invisible apps taking up space on the screen, to the home screen taking over 5 seconds to respond, I would have thought that at this stage of development, samsung would have fixed these sorts of issues. Needless to say, they haven't, so I would like to see theses sorts of bugs patched in the next OneUI 6.1.1 update.

Post created on 14/05/2024 by Alec K.

19 REPLIES 19
AM4N
Voyager
Options
My S22 ultra has no issues so far ,👌
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
The red box you are referring to is actually a folder why you can add multiple apps in side of it. Yes it's known to still cause issues like locking up your device
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
I believe you are mistaking the red folder for the area I was trying to place the app, if you look at the image you will notice the entire screen is highlighted red with exception to the launch bar at the bottom
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Try wiping the cache partition

Plug into a working PC or laptop

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
0 Likes
Members_gk1r58K
Student
Options

I can't edit the lock screen on my S22 after updating to 6.1. Can not enter by tapping or the shortcut in the settings.

A1ecc
Explorer
Options
To edit your lock screen you'll need to zoom out on your home screen and tap "wallpaper and style", then tap on your lock screen
0 Likes
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
You'll now be able to add widgets under the clock and add Snapchat to your lock screen if you happen to use it
0 Likes
Beta22
Voyager
Options
What about trying to change your home screen wallpaper? Does that have any effect? The border is similar to the one you get when you tap and hold on a blank space on the home screen to access the wallpaper, themes, and widgets menu.
0 Likes
A1ecc
Explorer
Options
It is unfortunately not an issue with the wallpaper, there was an app placed on the page, and it gave me the red highlight showing there was no room, when I turned my phone off and back on again it was still there
0 Likes