Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One UI 6.1 killed my S22+ (SM-S906N)

(Topic created on: 2 weeks ago)
DondonCutexD
Journeyman
Options

After updating to One UI 6.1, my s22+ (SM-S906N) seems like it does not recognize my passcode. After a few passcode entry as I tried to open it, it permanently locked the phone. Now it is in the bootloop state. I wish someone will help me

19 REPLIES 19
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
A post on this forum and quite a few online saying some devices are having 6.1 halted due to boot issues.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Omura
Pioneer
Options
Update has now been halted to all s22s...

See if you can plug your phone into a PC/Laptop, and then boot it into recovery mode by holding the power button and volume up buttons while it's plugged in. From there you should be able to do things like wipe cache, and some other things that might work.

I'm pretty sure there's a way to downgrade your phone though the Smart Switch app for PC, but I'm unsure on that.
DondonCutexD
Journeyman
Options

I already tried to downgrade the firmware and it was flashed successfully. But it gave the same result, bootloop. It stucked in Optimizing the applications, 100%. But after a while, it will reboot and it will show the optimizing the applications again.

Omura
Pioneer
Options

That's tough.
I hope samsung addresses this soon and that you can get ur phone fixed.
DondonCutexD
Journeyman
Options

I've read some of the problem in Korean community that the motherboard of their devicr was affected. Hope my motherboard wasnt affected by the update.

Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
Samsung strikes again, bricking all but the latest lineup of phones with appauling software "updates" that ruin phones and cause constant bootlooping.
0 Likes
Straight6Petrol
Journeyman
Options
Same thing they say about ui6 on the S22, Samsung need to recall all phones at this point or fix their software this should be a class action
DondonCutexD
Journeyman
Options

How can I know if my motherboard was affected by the update?? Please, need help 😭

0 Likes
DondonCutexD
Journeyman
Options

I checked the log, i think the lockscreen service is the one preventing my phone to boot. 

received_7196016817191636.jpeg

received_1876374386135839.jpeg

0 Likes