Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ONE UI 6.0 Update On S22 Issues

(Topic created on: 27-12-2023 02:04 PM)
MSB23
Apprentice
Options

I can't do many basic and necessary functions. I can't open the phone app or text app without them closings. Several other apps as well - Google Voice, Email. Sometimes, I get an error code: android.process.acore keeps stopping

Can someone please help?

10 REPLIES 10
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @MSB23  some customers experiencing this issue, firstly would suggest clearing the cache/Data from both Messages and contacts storage App and Restarting.  More detail plus some other ideas in this article such as reinstalling Google Account.  https://www.gotechtor.com/fix-android-process-acore-has-stopped-issue/ 

Did you clear the cache partition after the update which is advisable as the cache may be storing unnecessary or corrupted files.  procedure as follows:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

can also Repair Apps from the same Recovery Mode.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jaycon
Apprentice
Options
Yes same issues here with the s22 ultra. Keeps restarting
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jaycon With restarts also an idea to try in Safe Mode in case a 3rd party app is causing a conflict,   if not the same issue in Safe Mode could well  pinpoint recent third party apps.  https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

RajeevPR
Voyager
Options
Mostly because of the cache, hoping you backup everything and do a factory reset. Then re enter your Google account and update all necessary apps. That will do the change
jhon1990
First Poster
Options
I have the same issue with my s22 ultra after the last update my phone keeps restarting to the point where know its been restarting for 3 hours straight im waiting for the battery to drain to see if it will start again, I will contact Samsung as well
0 Likes
MSB23
Apprentice
Options

I called Samsung and they said the only resolution is a factory reset. They also tried to upsale me to the Ultra for $599. Perhaps this is a scheme to boost sales. 

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I'd say take the bait and upgrade to the s24 ultra.
0 Likes
MSB23
Apprentice
Options

But I've only had this phone for about a year :/.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Then. I highly suggest you back up your contacts, messages and photos on a service like Google one .

Don't back up your settings or apps

Factory reset your phone and then manually add apps as and when you want them and get the other stuff back from the backup.
0 Likes