Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification issues

(Topic created on: a month ago)
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
I recently upgraded to one ui 6.1 ever since during this update, notifications don't make noise anymore even when my phone is set to sound I've checked the settings in each app and they are set to make a noise but when I whenever I receive and notifications such as a message or bereal notification (happens to more apps) I don't hear an audible noise it's just a vibrate anybody else having the same issue?

UPDATE 16/05/24 7:56PM

I just had a software update that seems to have just fixed this. Even though i believe this is a security patch.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Things to check are

Settings>notifications >advanced settings. Toggle on manage notification catagories for each app.

Settings>notifications >app notifications. Tap on all apps you are interested in. Tap notification catagories. Toggle on all that apply.

Settings> sounds and vibration> volume. Ensure notifications volume slider is turned up to audible level.

Settings> sounds and vibration>separate app sound. Ensure this is toggled off.

It is also advisable to wipe cache partition after any update

Plug into a working PC or laptop

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
I have that turned on
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options

Try turning off vibration all together and check behaviour.

Also, not related but worth a try

Settings>sounds and vibration >ringtone> vibrate while ringing. Toggle off sync with ringtone.
0 Likes
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
Still nothing
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
UI6.1 update causing lots of problems, apparently. Hard to keep up with them all!

Presume all other sounds are fine?

Nuclear option as a last resort? Full factory reset. Up to you, unless anyone else can suggest something I've missed.
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
Its odd because I hear my phone ringtone completely fine and like apps like Snapchat Instagram and stuff like that, but when it comes to like other apps like my messages app it doesn't make a sound it just vibrates it's so weird and I don't understand
0 Likes
Robin999
Maestro
Options
Some apps have there own notification settings. Have you checked the settings in those apps?
0 Likes
BasicZero
Pioneer
Options
Checked them all, they all have sound to them, even checked the notification sounds to make sure it's not that, and they work
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Restart your phone.