(Topic created on: 06-04-2024 12:09 AM)
kellysheroes
Journeyman
Options
15 REPLIES 15
Robin999
Black BeltΒ 
Options
Please check in settings>Device Care>Auto restart 1712358984437_1712358984429_0.jpg
0 Likes
kellysheroes
Journeyman
Options
I'll check that now cheers
kellysheroes
Journeyman
Options
I just checked it the auto restart seems to be off so would that mean it's software issue's?
0 Likes
Robin999
Black BeltΒ 
Options
Its difficult to say at this stage. How often does it happen. Does it happen randomly or at specific times. Does the phone get hot before it switches off and on again.
You could try booting into safe mode and see if the problem still exists.
Press side power button until power off icon appears, long press on power off icon, tap on the safe mode icon.
Your phone will restart in safe mode which essentially disables any 3rd party apps you have installed. If the phone doesn't restart unexpectedly anymore it's more than likely down to a 3rd party app. You would need to pin point the exact one yourself by a process of elimination.

Next you could try wiping the cache partition. This could help especially if you've recently installed the new UI 6.1 update

You will need to plug into a working device or pc/laptop.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/

There's also a handy diagnostic tool in the members app under the support tab on the bottom of the members home page. Please run diagnostic on all items and report findings
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
Are you using the phone in a super cold climate? Anyways, it would be worth brining in the phone under warranty if that's not environmentally related as sounds like battery issue.
0 Likes
kellysheroes
Journeyman
Options
It happens randomly, so I done a factory reset, which really annoyed me as I thought I saved photos on there but were not there after reset , but the phone still turns off . If I put it in safe mode, what functionality do I have ?
0 Likes
kellysheroes
Journeyman
Options
No not really I'm from the UK in Portsmouth so not really cold here . I've had my phone for 2 years now and just recently got a sim only as I know s22 ultra has updates for 4 years and just wanted to save money .
0 Likes
pukisCatos
Voyager
Options
It does actually have security updates for 5 years. Idk maybe get battery replacement if that's the issue and not the ui 6.1 or something
0 Likes
kellysheroes
Journeyman
Options
Do you know how much it is for battery replacement ?
0 Likes