Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My God, I wish I have never "upgraded"

(Topic created on: 19-12-2023 12:08 PM)
Loobeensky
Apprentice
Options

My Samsung S22 Ultra is the most expensive phone I have ever had. I bought it for my company to be able to run all the latest mobile games, make pics and videos, call and use it for getting to my suppliers. For once I wanted to have the latest thing so I wouldn't even need to think about upgrading for the next 3–4 years.

I have made the unforgettable mistake of buying the Exynos Samsung S22 Ultra version, and here I am, utterly miserable, hearing that I just should restart the phone again or something. Or do one of the other 20 workarounds I HAVE TRIED ALREADY. Yes, the accuracy is turned to be high, yes, I'm using Wi-Fi and Bluetooth to make it better. Nothing works. My 7km diagnostic walk turns into a 40 km one, because the dot goes ALL OVER THE PLACE. And I can compare this bs live thanks to having a brilliant Garmin who has ZERO PROBLEMS with localising me, despite having no Wi-Fi nor Google accuracy services. It's madness. Just look at it:

WHAT.jpg

This phone had more factory resets within the last years than all of my older phones combined. I used to have a nice Samsung S6 for years and I had trust in this company. To say that I'm disappointed, is to say nothing. I have already gone to the Samsung service point for the diagnostics of absolutely random connection drops. „Everything seems to be good”. That's great, dude, tell this to one of my contractors that I have failed to meet, cause my phone just couldn't connect to the network in the middle of the city after being connected non-stop for days.

For the first time in my life I feel genuinely scammed.

The cameras work beautifully, or at least worked until the last update, but that's about it. The reaction speed of the phone is worse than that of my old OnePlus 7T, the reactiveness of the touch screen feels off, as it misses my input regularly. It drops connection to the mobile network randomly, which I have already mentioned (tested in different places in two countries, so it's not a signal issue),  and the GPS... I have to keep carrying my old phone around, so I could get to places.

I have scheduled another pickup and repair but I already knwo what they'll tell me. Everything is A-okay, software problem.

The thing is, why should I care. I have paid almost a 1k euros for something that's as useful to me as a brick, because they've installed a crappy CPU in it. Fantastic.

6 REPLIES 6
KP_76
Voyager
Options
This is why I resisted buying another Samsung flagship until they upgraded to a Snapdragon processor. My S21 Ultra was so problematic that I gave up after 2 weeks. But my current S23 Ultra has been brilliant, except for a few minor software issues which I can handle.

Why don't you write a complaint to the Samsung complaints team, or even higher, and ask to be upgraded to an S23 Ultra?
Loobeensky
Apprentice
Options

Honestly? Because my belief in this company's reliability and accountability has dropped to zero after reading how many problems people have, after my visit to their service point and after realising that Samsung has officially agreed there are some GPS problems connected to Exynos only this year. And did nothing in particular, they are "working on software updates" or some other bs. I haven't bought the phone directly from Samsung either and the time for take-backsies has long passed.

To my understanding many of the S22 Ultras based on Exynos should just be recalled and Samsung shouldn't make problems, but maybe I have shorter fuse than other folks. I have seen people trading their S22 Ultras in and buying S23 Ultras, and I'm like: "Why? Why should I pay another 800 euros less than a year later?"

I'll try filing a complaint, thanks for mentioning this.

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Still rocking my S21 ultra exynos for almost 3 years now and no issues.
0 Likes
KP_76
Voyager
Options
I think the complaint is important for Samsung to listen to your grievance and hopefully you won't have to splash out more money on an upgrade. There is enough proof of what you're experience.

To be honest, all brands have their issues. I had my fair share of issues with OnePlus as well.

I hope you get the right outcome mate 👍🏻
0 Likes
Members_3tWYyj3
First Poster
Options

There seems to be various issues with this latest update. I love this phone but the latest issue for me (since the update) is trying to attempt a long screenshot. It will allow you to scroll up to only 3 'presses' of the scrolling shot button, that's it. Useless. 😕

0 Likes
Loobeensky
Apprentice
Options

Update: While I haven't been upgraded, my phone got picked up and fixed. It actually turned out that the motherboard was faulty. GPS tracking and the device's general sense of direction has therefore become workable the way it was supposed to be, so I'm satisfied with this part.

That being said, the phone is still slower that it was supposed to be. Fun thing, S22 Ultra Exynos is proven to slow down to the levels of Samsung S10 after running a few benchmark tests in a row.

0 Likes