Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

March 2024 Update - S22 Exynos 2200

(Topic created on: 25-03-2024 09:54 AM)
Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
Has anyone noticed any lag or degradation in battery life since they installed the March 2024 update?

Battery life seems to deplete quicker but this is based mostly on gut-feel rather than with much substance to back it up. 

Just curious...

Note: I use the charge limit function but it still represents a near 20% decline.

Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AtshaamY
Options

Hi @Lee5G88.

Please allow your battery to go from 100% to at least 75% before checking the Battery Usage again as this would give a more accurate reading. Make sure that you're using a genuine Samsung charger, as using a third party charger won't charge the battery properly. This would result in the battery eventually draining and not lasting as long as it should.

If the issue persists, follow these tips on our website to improve your battery life: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/tips-to-make-the-most-out-of-your-galaxy-phones-ba...

Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
Appreciate the reply!
* Charging Block & Cable - the same, OEM Samsung block and cable I've used from the start.

*Screenshot was just to partly illustrate my point. I'll see if I can capture some better data later this evening.
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Lee5G88   There can be a bit more Battery drain after updates as the AI relearns usage patterns but usually settles down.

However in addition to the advice already suggested did you clear the cache partition after the update. This is advisable as some cache files can be outmoded or even in some cases corrupt.   This does not impact your Data unlike a Factory Reset.

Follow these steps:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or other Device , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

If you have downloaded third party apps recently another idea is to run in Safe Mode as sometimes there can be conflicts with 3rd party apps and if a difference in this Mode (where these apps are disabled) would pinpoint apps which could be deleted.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
Hi James,

Yes, cache cleared.

I thought I had posted that, but it must have been a related thread where I mentioend this.
Sent from my SM-G973F
ekulahci
Student
Options

I'm having a huge battery drain after updating. It affected especially the Work Profile, Google Play Services (Work Profile) drained 28,61% of the battery at the last 24 hours. S24 users also affected. 

0 Likes
Members_e42V7QA
First Poster
Options

Same for me with S22+ and march 2024 update. 

Huge battery drain when work profile is enabled. Need to recharge 2-3 times a day instead of once each night. 

0 Likes
ian3530
First Poster
Options

This seems to be a wide spread problem.  I know my self and 3 other people dealing with this.  Samsung isn't saying anything so I guess we just hope for a fix.  

0 Likes
Lee5G88
Pioneer
Options
@ian3530, I'm working on the assumption that because Samsung work on a Monthly OTA update cycle, they don't consider it necessary to release interim updates. I'm not going to say it's right or wrong, but I kind of get the logic, especially given they'll have to release multiple versions depending on model/chipset etc.
Sent from my SM-G973F
0 Likes