Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Major battery drain

(Topic created on: 30-12-2023 06:00 AM)
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
Since updating my phone a few days ago i am having a serious issue with battery drain. My phone is barley lasting half a day. I have the Samsung S22 Ultra and have had it 12 months currently with no issues regarding battery. 

One UI version: 6 0
Android version: 14

It's getting a joke. I woke up around 3:15am and unplugged my phone at 100%. I have been asleep and woke up at 5:54am to my phone at 67%. I haven't been using my phone as I was asleep!!! I do have WiFi/Mobile Data active, Bluetooth and location service on but they've always been on since day one of this phone. I restrict notifications to my phone, brightness always quite low. 
My partner who has a Samsung I think it's an A series recently updated his phone and noticed the same issue so clearly its something from the new update. 

When will there be a fix? 
This last 12 months have seriously put me off Samsung phones and I think it's time to say goodbye to them when it's time to renew my phone. I've still got issues with my camera which I reached out for help and was told someone would contact me and never did. I've really lost faith in this brand. 
10 REPLIES 10
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
Photos of battery usage. 1703916178032.jpg1703916178062.jpg
keith30
Maestro
Options
Sounds like you have apps running in the background even throu you may not be using it. Location service is a fine example of this, a lot of Google services do.
0 Likes
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
I've literally not changed a single setting on my phone. It's been fine for the last 12 months, it's only been an issue for the last few days after the update. As you can see in my photo One UI Home used 27.5% and my phone was on the side locked for around 3hrs and it drained my battery. Its something since the latest update.
Piper123
Maestro
Options
Hey there

Other users have reported similar for the S22 Series. Many have found that performing a Wipe Partition Cache on their device fixes it.

I'm also a little confused because in your original post you say that the last 12 months have put you off Samsung devices but in your reply to @keith30 you say that the last 12 months have been fine until the recent update?
aspotofbother
Explorer
Options
The battery has been fine for the last 12 months. My overall experience with Samsung has been terrible with the main issue being camera issues which no one seems to know how to fix.

How do I do a wipe partition cache please? :smiling-face: I'm fed up of having to have my phone constantly on charge to see me through a working day. It's not practical!
0 Likes
Piper123
Maestro
Options
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer. Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release both keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also Repair apps via the Recovery Menu.
lmat
First Poster
Options
Mine is having the exact same problem. It seems to be the Samsung health app. It was using 1% of my battery before the update and is now using between 45% and 55%. Having to top up the charge ok my phone 3 or 4 times a day. Even in power saver overnight it's going through 40%
0 Likes
Blitter1
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem with S22 Ultra. There was a new update today which I have just installed, then cleared the cache which I am hoping will help with the battery drain. Last app update (not this one) I went from lasting all day on a battery with usage, to 5-6 hours with no screen time, just media player playing on wireless earbuds. There was something in the last update. Love to know if anyone has a fix.

Kuriousv
Student
Options
Same problem with my phone very recently. It just drains at a very short notice. Something very wrong as it drained too much battery even in power saving mode. It's ridiculous as I now have to think twice about going out without a power bank. Something quite wrong with S22 ultra. Problem post March update by Samsung which has security patch uodate dated 01 Feb
0 Likes