Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps crashing and restarting

(Topic created on: 14-12-2023 07:14 AM)
sirAdsi
Journeyman
Options
My phone keeps crashing and restarting itself. This is getting pretty annoying. I believe One UI blah blah blah is responsible for it. How do I fix this?
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
sirAdsi
Journeyman
Options
I have tried wiping the partition cache but the issue persists.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@sirAdsi Did you Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu?  If so have you tried in Safe Mode to determine if 3rd party app may be  causing a conflict https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

if still problem there though obviously not the issue, whilst some find it frustrating a Factory Reset is sometimes required.  Ensure though that Data is backed up before going for this option.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
sirAdsi
Journeyman
Options
I tried the Safe Mode yesterday but not for long to observe if it'll go off abruptly again. I tried the Repair Apps this morning and it switched off in the process. I'll try those 2 things again
LeonieChristy
Student
Options
Hi, my phone started doing this yesterday too. It was fine overnight and then its started doing the same again this morning. Have you had any luck with finding a fix?
0 Likes
Jk40
Student
Options

I'm having the same issue. Restarts almost every night when it's charging, very laggy and slow even as I type this. I've tried wiping cache, repairing apps, even deleted apps I installed within the last couple weeks. This only started after I updated to one ui 6.0. Very very frustrating

0 Likes
sirAdsi
Journeyman
Options
Nope, I've not had any luck fixing this. It happened once from the time of that post till an hour ago. The last hour has been horrendous. One thing I did differently was to change my default home launcher. I'm now using the Microsoft one. The issue restarted when I went into 'Secure Folder'.
sirAdsi
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, very frustrating. I've sent logs and error reports but I got a response saying there's nothing attached to my logs giving any details about the crash 🤯 What's the point then?
0 Likes
sirAdsi
Journeyman
Options
I also noticed it switches off when it tries to do a heavy task on the screen or sudden change - maybe a call, maybe an app loading or a sudden brightness change so I changed my screen resolution to FHD. I don't know how impactful that'd be 🤞🏾
0 Likes
LeonieChristy
Student
Options
I've lost count on how many times its done it now. Been on chat and been given a local repair place to go to. Going to try tomorrow and see what happens. But he did say it seems to be the latest update and that if 3 attempts trying to fix it fail I should get a new device 🤷‍♀️
0 Likes