Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google play services issues

(Topic created on: 18-06-2023 08:11 PM)
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Google play services is having issues after June update 
The app has very high background usage and draining battery and making the phone boil the phone temperature reaches 50c

In the last 24 hours it used over 15 hours in the background 
Any ideas why or does any body else has this issue
10 REPLIES 10
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
That is crazy background usage. There's 2 things I would try. Firstly try the beta version or rollback Google Play Services to the factory version, reboot your phone and update Play Services. You can do this through settings, app, Google Play Services, then select the menu on the top right and uninstall updates.
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Thank you for your advice
I have done that nice and I'll monitor it
I hope this fixes the issue
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You're welcome, hope it helps.
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Unfortunately for now it's still the same issue

I turned off Auto sync and Location completely on my device, I'll see if this will help
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Is this a phone or a microwave 🤔 Screenshot_20230619_135232_Cpu Monitor.jpg
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Well that sucks 😕 Next thing I would recommend is clearing system cache. Onc you've done that download Good Guardians from Galaxy Store and run App Booster.
0 Likes
Baridon
Voyager
Options
It might be an app that is not compatible with the recent update you have got...
I speak from experience; mine was not showing up on the list of apps using my CPU, but then I started deleting apps in safe mode.
Now my phone lasts me a full day with one charge and doesn't heat up as much.
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
Thanks for the advice but I have done that and I deleted most of the apps but still the same just today it used over 8 hours background usage
0 Likes
AmirMhmd
Voyager
Options
This is the response I got after reporting this issue

After analysing the error logs you sent in, we can see temperature increases have occurred due to a mix of direct sunlight, along with an issue with navigation services, which we have fixed in the latest software update. Please update your phone as soon as it is available. You can set your phone to auto download the update through Wi-Fi through Settings > Software Update. Also make sure to not keep your phone in direct sunlight for prolonged periods of time.
0 Likes