Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forgotten Pin on Samsung S22

(Topic created on: 09-12-2023 09:08 AM)
Bonnie78
Journeyman
Options
My dad has not been able to access his phone, forgot the pin.

Phone will also not switch off without the pin.

Tried Smart Things find and unlock button is not longer available. So then tried the wipe option to put phone back to factory settings, this also failed for some reason.

Also tried to volume up button and power button and nothing.

He kept trying different things and has somehow managed to put it in aeroplane mode so now no longer connected via WiFi.

The more he tries, the longer he needs to wait to try again.

I have no other ideas in how he can re-set the thing.

Does anyone have any suggestions.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Joshs_Other_Tech
Navigator
Options
If its not google locked then put it onto recovery by plugging the device into a computer then restart the device by holding the power button and volume down for around 10 seconds then when the phone screen goes black and vibrates press and hold volume up and power then you should enter a menu with the option to wipe to factory settings which will remove everything from the device but you will be able to sign in again and use it
0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
My advice is to let the battery drain down once there is no power in the phone. Wait another hour or so, then put it on charge and hard resetting
0 Likes
Bonnie78
Journeyman
Options
How do you hard reset if the battery has died.
0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
Volume + on switch, click factory reset
kingtom
Pathfinder
Options
You can try a remote reset , by going to Google find my phone and signing in to the Google account on that phone . If this fails , the connect it to a pc/laptop/tablet or another phone with the cable and then do Vol up +pwr
0 Likes
Bonnie78
Journeyman
Options
This does not work while the phone is still on. Can't get the phone to switch off. Keeps asking for a pin. The buttom up and power button doesn't work even when cable is plugged in. So I guess phone needs to die first so its switched off.
0 Likes
Bonnie78
Journeyman
Options
Will the Google find my phone work while not connected to the WiFi. As I said, he's managed to put the aeroplane mode on somehow when he's been messing about with it. I'm really at my whits end trying different things. Samsung have not been helpful at all saying it can't remotely be unblocked by them.
0 Likes
Bonnie78
Journeyman
Options
Issue is we can't get it to switch off.
0 Likes
Lord_Shiva
Voyager
Options
No if you not connected to WiFi
0 Likes