Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint reader

(Topic created on: 06-12-2023 07:49 PM)
Paulsparks
Journeyman
Options
Hi, since the last update my fingerprint either works fine for an hour or it won't work at all for hours then randomly starts working again, ive tried turning off and on etc, sometimes it works, mostly it doesn't, it's doing my head in please help 🙏
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Kdifius
Pioneer
Options
I'm actually having this too, sometimes it registers fine, other times not, I've found out that deleting the fingerprint and scanning again usually works.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Firstly check the Diagnostics to see if any issues identified, Samsung Members-Support- Phone Diagnostics-Fingerprint Recognition.

As mentioned may need to remove the fingerprints and reregister.  It generally helps to have a few fingers registered twice.  If nothing helps an idea to wipe the cache partition which has provided a solution for some customers.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AlexLdn
Voyager
Options
Don't have this issue, and it's the opposite actually for me. Since the update fingerprint is more responsive. Try what has been recommended above. Hopefully, it will fix your issue
Paulsparks
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for your replies, I was hoping to not have to re do my fingerprint as you then have to update all connected apps, bank etc and can't remember log in details 🤪🤣 anyway early day's but just had one ui 6 installed and has worked so far fingers crossed, thanks again for taking the time to help me 👍🏻
0 Likes