Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature on s8 which is not on s22

(Topic created on: 18-12-2022 10:10 AM)
kazzamezza
First Poster
Options
There was a feature on the s8 where a little light would flash if you had a message. Meaning you didn't have to go into the phone to find out if you had any message. I can't find such a feature on my new s22 - can anyone help!! 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Wastedagen
Navigator
Options
The notification light doesn't exist on the S22.

The next best thing I do is to enable Always on Display and set it to show only when a notification appears.

Then it's not on all the time, saving a little battery, but you can instantly tell when one appears providing you keep your screen face up on table..

I'm not sure if Edge lighting, if enabled, stays on after a notification or disappears. Never used it...
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
That feature about the notication light know longer exist and I don't think none of the newer models have it. You can enable Edge lighting but I don't think it stays on long before it disappeared till you receive a new notication.
0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Notification pulse, they replaced it with Always-On-Display. Used to like it too😔
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@kazzamezza: Further to the above, you also have the option of enabling flash notifications on your Galaxy S22 by heading to Settings > Accessibility > Advanced features > Flash notification, and toggle on 'Camera flash notification', 'Screen flash notification', or both. 

0 Likes
carrots1
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have flash notification on my S22Ultra

Screenshot_20221218_184201_Accessibility.jpg
0 Likes