Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct pin/swipe pattern not being recognized anymore, cant change lock type either

(Topic created on: 09-01-2024 08:37 AM)
Sataniael
Apprentice
Options

As the title says, my S22 started experiencing a problem with the locking feature after the One UI 6 update. On January 4th 2024 in the middle of the day I was unable to unlock my phone with my fingerprint. I kept getting something along the lines of "Fingerprint data has been corrupted, please use the pattern to unlock your device". Problem was that even the pattern wasnt working anymore and it kept telling me "wrong pattern". I did a force restart by holding down the power button and volume down button. Once it restarted it started working normally up to 3x when unlocking before the problem started happening again. Now after 2 days it doesnt work at all and i had to remove the locking type and change it to swipe since thats the only way i can unlock my phone at this point. If i try to change it to any other locking type it tells me "Lock type has already been changed. Please try using the new lock type". I have performed both "wipe cache partition" in recovery mode and factory resetting my device but neither has fixed my issue.

This is extremely inconvenient as my bank app requires me to have a lock on my phone to use it. I've tried clearing partition cache and that didnt help. I then did a factory reset and that didnt help either.

Is anyone else having this problem or should i consider RMA-ing my phone with my carrier, as the phone was bought in August 2023? This started happening at the exact time i got the option to update to One UI 6, i don't know how that could cause this major of an issue though.

6 REPLIES 6
ASmxcdmx
First Poster
Options

Today Feb 26th 2024 , I started having the same issue, my lock pattern which I'm 100 % percent possitive is the right one, is recognized no more.; through "find my device" , now smartthingsfind.samsung.com  I'm unable to reset device pattern.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@ASmxcdmx: Please be advised that the remote unlock feature was recently removed from Find My Mobile/SmartThings Find, so this is an expected behaviour. If you have forgotten your lock screen pattern, then please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and reach out to our Support Team via your preferred contact method, and an advisor can arrange for an engineer to unlock the device for you. Please note that you will need a copy of your proof of purchase for verification purposes, as your query relates to a security feature of the device. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

0 Likes
Sataniael
Apprentice
Options

To update you on what happened to me regarding this. A new update came out about 3 weeks ago which i thought would solve the problem. During the update my phone shut off and refused to turn back on or charge, so i had to take it in for a repair, where they then replaced the motherboard. I'd suggest you go and get your phone serviced if possible, because the same thing may happen to you in the future. I think there's a high probability that this is a hardware issue, given what happened.

0 Likes
j111111111111111111
First Poster
Options

Same has happened to me with the most recent update, but on two different phone types at the same time. Definitely did not change passcodes on either. Did not want update, but auto updated on restarts. 

Neither app worked.

Any solutions?

0 Likes
Sataniael
Apprentice
Options

No solution sadly. At some point i got an update for my phone, at which point the phone turned off and never turned back on again. Sent it in for repair through my carrier and they replaced the motherboard. I assume it was a damaged component, so it cant be solved that easily. Best course of action would most likely be to do a factory reset, and if that doesnt work, send it in for repair if both of your phones are still under warranty.

0 Likes
Namibia
First Poster
Options

I forgot my A53 samsung pattern and it does not want to factories 

0 Likes