Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chat messages

(Topic created on: 16-03-2023 08:47 PM)
violet2501
First Poster
Options
Hi hope someone can belp. Some of my text messages go as text msgs and are in green background. Some go as chat message and are blue background. I will get a orange exlamation mark next to the messages that dont go (in the blue back ground) I need to click on this and select send as text messages instead. Im using s22+, its only the one number Im habeing a probkem with, they have s20+. Anyone tell me how to fix this as Its really inconvenient and so annoying, as sometimes can take up to 10 mins before I gey msg to say txt wasnt delivered.
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, all that means is some of your contacts don't have chat service activated that's why they are being sent as standard green messages.
At least you know your chat messages is working correctly.
You could also toggle on automatically resend as text (SMS/MMS) switch from chat if a message can't be sent.Screenshot_20230316_232323_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@violet2501: Further to the response above by @Blessed4life, if you're using the Messages app, you can access the same option by following the steps below. 

Open the Messages app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Chat settings > If chat isn't delivered > Resend as a text or multimedia message.

0 Likes