Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't edit video speed anymore

(Topic created on: 23-12-2022 04:21 PM)
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I can no longer speed up or slow-down any video that's hasn't been recorded with the camera. Anybody else? 

Thanks on the help! S24 Ultra owner.
34 REPLIES 34
Neo001
Legend
Options

I have the option in Video editor to speed up or slow down a video (S22 plus here). Check if clearing Video editor app data (not cache) helps.

Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

Nope, it doesn't work.... 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Adi0. It's odd that you're unable to speed up or slow down videos at present. Just so that I have a better idea of how this issue presents itself, please can you confirm whether this has started happening recently (e.g. after a software update on your phone, or after installing a particular app etc.)?

Also, please can you let me know which app(s) you are wishing to use to adjust the video speed and what happens when you try to adjust this (e.g. are the options no longer available or do you get an error message?)?

If this is happening on one particular app, please can you check to see whether there is an update for the app via the Galaxy Store or Google Play Store?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

2 months or something back.

Gallery video editor - only one, no error it just doesn't show the icon to adjust the speed.

I've checked all the updates. 

Also slow motion videos don't have a sound inside Samsung gallery but if I play the in Samsung video they have or send them to someone they can play it with sound in Samsung gallery. 

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Ah, I see, @Adi0. There has been an update to Video Editor and you may have encountered the following message/disclaimer:

"The new version of Video Editor replaces Samsung's old Create Movie and Slow motion editor. In order to save new videos, you need to delete Create movie and Slow motion editor."

You can then choose between "Not now" or "Delete". When prompted, which option did you choose, please?

0 Likes
Adi0
Big Cheese
Options

I don't remember getting that message. I have these. 

1000014563.jpg

0 Likes
AROB43
Student
Options
I'm also having this problem. The function within the video editor has disappeared, it returned for a short while but has since gone again.
S20 user1
First Poster
Options

Hi, same issue here. I clicked not now. How do I delete it now? Thanks

0 Likes
JGent
First Poster
Options

Same issue, the option to speed up a video is gone within Samsung gallery. And I've clicked every icon.

1000003306.jpg