Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can no longer stop phone from auto disabling apps

(Topic created on: 28-07-2023 04:25 PM)
Sig2
Journeyman
Options

The phone will automatically disable (delete) apps that you have not used in awhile. It used to be possible to change a setting under battery maintencence to remove this feature, but with some update they have removed it.

Why? Do they not trust us to know which apps we want to keep and which we want to use? Its frustrating to look for an app and then see it has been removed, especially if you are in a place with poor internet. Please add this setting again Samsung.

And no, this is not "put to sleep". There you still have the app installed.

31 REPLIES 31
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Try Below

How to keep the phone from auto-disabling apps

go to "Battery and Device Care"

click on the battery graph/time left.

toward the bottom of the screen, click on background usage limits.

turn off "Put unused apps to sleep

AndrewL
Options

@Sig2: Further to the above, the steps are slightly different on Android 13.

Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits (located towards the top of the Battery landing screen > Put unused apps to sleep (toggle this on).

0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It's a Google policy now, I think it's about 3 months then if you haven't used the app in that time, Google will remove it. Please note it's not Samsung doing this.
Sig2
Journeyman
Options

No, as I wrote this is not about the put to sleep feature

Sig2
Journeyman
Options

@AndrewL wrote:

@Sig2: Further to the above, the steps are slightly different on Android 13.

Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > Background usage limits (located towards the top of the Battery landing screen > Put unused apps to sleep (toggle this on).

And again, its not about put to sleep

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Sig2: I'm not aware of a feature on our mobile devices that automatically deletes applications after a period of inactivity. Are you able to clarify which apps you have experienced this issue with? 

adiminj12345
Journeyman
Options
1How about turning it off and on again
2 try turning WiFi off and on again Ok
3 insert O2 sim card
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have never seen that either
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You refer to the apps being disabled in your original post but also contradict this by saying they are deleted. When an app is disabled it won't show up in your app drawer. It doesn't get removed. When you want to use such an app it doesn't need reinstalling, it needs to be re-enabled and it will then update the missed updates.
This can be resolved by the methods others have mentioned.
Certainly, as others have stated, the apps do not get deleted.

To re-enable an app, go to settings, apps, select and re-enable the app.