Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera tints me yellow

(Topic created on: 05-04-2023 04:55 PM)
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
So I reluctantly upgraded to the Samsung s22 ultra from my Huawei p30 pro in November 2022. Don't get me wrong the Samsung isn't a bad phone at all but I really really hate the front/selfie camera. Honestly the p30 pro's camera was absolutely amazing, true colours, great portrait mode, super macro etc and my pictures definitely seemed more true. When I use the selfie camera on my S22 Ultra, the picture first displays great but then it remasters the photos within seconds and boom, yellow tint to my skin. No matter if I use natural or bright settings on the selfie camera it's the same, it makes me look like I've got the wrong shade of foundation on, and as an mua I know exactly what that looks like. The only time it doesn't do it is when you shoot in 40MP mode but then you lose all the other features like the skin smoothing etc. Is there anyway at all to stop this yellowing, I'm fed up of thinking my pictures look great for them to then turn yellow 🙈🤦🏻‍♀️ below is a picture I took on my huawei p30 pro and then a picture on my S22 Ultra and you can quite clearly see that the s22 makes me looks yellow! I've even posted photos taken at the same time of year so you can't say oh you're just tanned etc... I just wish samsung would give the option to turn off whether you want natural or bright selfie as both of these options cause the same issue, I wish it was off, natural or bright and then at least we might actually get normal coloured selfies rather than this awful yellow/orangish tint to it. 

Huawei p30 Pro April 2022

Samsung s22 ultra April 2023

14 REPLIES 14
SocietyGirl
Community Manager
Options

Have you tried the 'Raw' mode and/or played with the settings? Also, I'm not a photo expert (by a long shot), but could the difference in colour of dress be affecting it too? Would be interesting to see a side-by-side with the same colours?

Say hi to us on socials -  @SamsungUK

0 Likes
pete012
Explorer
Options
It seems like some A.I upscaling that's going on in the background, it doesn't seem to affect the surrounding area just your skin tone and hair. I'd say try this on an inanimate object to test this and if it doesn't occur then it's something built in the software but unfortunately I wouldn't know how to alter this as you have done what I would've done. You could download the G cam APK which uses Google camera on Samsung which comes with the software built in.Screenshot_20230405_193855_Camera.jpg
0 Likes
pete012
Explorer
Options
The screenshot is me using the Google camera app on my Samsung.
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yes Bry, I see the difference. The first one looks more natural than the second one, it make you look if you've had a tan but nice throu
0 Likes
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
Here's me wearing the same dress last August, so it's definitely not the dress causing the issue. I've played with all of the settings and nothing works. As I said the picture in the view frame looks my normal skin tone then when I take the picture it shows in normal tone and then within seconds this yellowish tint is applied to my skin. And as someone with a natural cool/pink undertone the yellow tint does not suit me in the pictures at all lol IMG_20230405_202319_1000082173_1680722599.jpg
0 Likes
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it's just on skin tone and mostly just on the face, I've taken some photos where the tint has applied but literally only to me face, my neck and chest have stayed my natural skin tone colour, which as I said looks awful because it looks like I've put the wrong shade of foundation on. My hair isn't affected, my hairs actually that colour lol
0 Likes
Bry4
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it does make me look tanned, however the wrong colour tan, as a naturally cool/pink undertone person a yellow tint is completely the wrong colour for me and really doesn't make me look right at all in my own opinion, uts just so annoying that you can't stop it from doing this or can't even turn off the option to not choose a selfie colour, I've tried both natural and bright and both cause the same issue, I just wish samsung would allow that feature to be turned off because in preview before the picture is taken skin tone is normal
keith30
Maestro
Options
Yeah, the Samsung camera doesn't take good selfie pictures.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you open the camera and go to the selfie camera
On the top right you will see a wand symbol
Tap on this and you will see colour tone.
Just select natural.
The P30 Pro was an excellent phone, and I had one for a few years.
The camera software was set up quite different on those phone and relied on RYYB instead of the usual RGB colours.
As such the photos had a different look.
Seems most phones I see have a type of beauty AI enhancement to a degree on the selfie camera.
Easy enough to go into edit and adjust it from warm to cool
0 Likes